• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Golurk/Darkrai (BW-on)

JayKam

Aspiring Trainer
Golurk deck idea need help improving this deck(more consistent and overall more competitive)

Golurk seems like a pretty cool card and pretty kewl pokemon. so i want to build a good deck around him.

the list i just made is:

POKEMON

3xGolett (DR 58)
3xGolurk (DR 59)
3xSableye (DE 63)
3xDarkrai (DE 62)
1xShaymin EX
1xSigilyph(ability one)

Items

2x Energy Switch
4x Pokemon Catcher(self-explanatory...)
4x Dark Patch(help power darkrai)
4x Ultra Ball(help throw dark energy into discard)
2x Switch(so i dont have to attach a dark to retreat)
2x Random Receiver(consistency)
3x Giant Cape (idk wanted to add a good tool to help my pokemon, and cape can be used on all my pokemon)
2x Tool Scrapper(anti-gorrbador and general purposes)

Supporters

4x Juniper
3x Bianca
1x N
(on the fence about using N)

Energy

4x Blend Energy GRPD
3x Double Colorless Energy
8x Darkness Energy

Strategy:
so the strat. is to get darkrai attacking ASAP using dark patches and sniping bench pokemon getting them primed for Golurks Devolution Punch.

im looking for help to really make this deck awesome so adjustments and play test data would be greatly appreciated.

Might I suggest adding energy switch instead of the Pluspowers? That way you can Dark Patch energy onto Darkrai or Sableye and switch it over to Golurk when you need it.

In my oppinion you should add in a Sigilyph, to lock your opponent's game and also take advantage of your Blend, so:

-1 Sableye

+1 Sigilyph

after playing some more im convinced the plus powers arnt working out need to replace with something more usefull

the energy switches would only be good to switch energy from sableye onto darkrai really since most the time i use a double colorless+a blend energy, but ill try it out see if it helps me enough to make it on the deck list.

so if anyone has any suggestions as to what to replace the plus powers for, please comment

i guess shaymin EX and sigiglyph could find a place in this deck ima have to play test them and figure out the meta.

been thinking of Golurk/Gardevoir/sigiglyph+other techs but for the moment ill stick with this deck idea

energy switch helps a lil so i added it(doesnt help golurk but it really helps Darkrai)

I think you are on the right track. I tried to get a Golurk/Gardevoir/sigiglyph/Mewtwo EX variant to work and it just never came together. Having each energy count as double is nice, but being able to attach energy to more than one Pokemon is really what the deck needed and couldn't do.

RichD said:
I think you are on the right track. I tried to get a Golurk/Gardevoir/sigiglyph/Mewtwo EX variant to work and it just never came together. Having each energy count as double is nice, but being able to attach energy to more than one Pokemon is really what the deck needed and couldn't do.

ever try exp. share?

Sorry, I used to play a lot, but I got out of Pokemon recently and I'm trying to get into it again.
It's probably something stupidly obvious, but if your going for spread, why not use Registeel?
Thanks in advance for answering my question. =)

JayKam said:
ever try exp. share?

Yes I did. Any deck without energy acceleration has to rely on it. It just wasn't quite enough to keep things moving smoothly especially if they catcher kill the Gardevoir..

i got like 100 deck ideas for Golurk but only a hand full have potential, and some run into issues at some points... guess i gota work harder and play test more

JayKam said:
its not a spread deck.
Alright, Its just when you said the whole sniping benches to get them prepared for Golurks punch made me think Darkrai was used to spread. My bad...

darkrai is main attacker that helps set up devo. punches.
id run registeel in the gardivour varient with exp share.(but im afraid of tool scrapper)

Back