• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golisopod-GX/Garbodor

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone! I'm looking for a new deck to pilot along with Volc/Turt/Ho-Oh, and I've been really interested in Golisopod-GX since it's initial reveal. I've been working on a post rotation list, and I've come up with this. Of course, any criticism is extremely welcome.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 17
* 3 Wimpod BUS 16
* 3 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57
##Trainer Cards - 32
* 3 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N NVI 92
* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
##Energy - 11
* 3 Grass Energy BLW 105
* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The idea of the deck, as you probably already know, is to hit for 120 with Golisopod-GX for a single Grass Energy. Guzma allows you to switch into Tapu Koko or a Pokémon with a Float Stone attached while bringing up something to hit on the bench. Acerola is another way of getting a new Golisopod-GX into the Active while denying a Knock Out from your opponent. Brigette is a good T1 Supporter allowing you to get three Basic Pokémon from your deck onto the Bench. Rainbow Energy allows Garbodor to become a late game threat if your opponent plays too many Item cards, while the other Garbodor keeps your opponent from using their Abilities. Special Charge shuffles back Special Energy you may have lost, Heavy Ball can find Wimpod, Golisopod-GX, and Garbodor, etc. I really like the idea, so leave your thoughts and tweaks below.

Thanks for reading,
SupremeLeaderQuagsire.

Your list looks pretty close to all the Golisopod/Garbodor variants I've seen, with a couple tweaks of course. My biggest recommendation is running a fourth Wimpod. You want to be able to have a Wimpod on the bench when you use Acerola, or when you Rescue Stretcher a Golisopod to you hand. Running three can be risky, especially if you prize one because the core strategy of your deck is then limited.

Im making this deck as well and feel you are right where I am with cards. The one thing I am really considering tho is playing 3 Tapu Lele. Can come in handy w/o vs seeker to pull a guzma or acerola to finsih the game. I also agree that 4 wimpods is the way to go b/c if you prize 1 its going to be tough.

I 100% agree with running another Wimpod, prizing one could be devastating. I only have 2 Leles at the time, but I think I'll be fine with 2.

Back