Golisopod ex, Jirachi, Mela, TM Turbo Energize from “Paradox Rift” Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The English versions of Golisopod ex, Jirachi, Mela, and Technical Machine: Turbo Energize have been revealed from Paradox Rift!

SV04_EN_126-144x200.png

SV04_EN_167-144x200.png

SV04_EN_179-144x200.png

F8VdAhaXAAEOggK-143x200.jpeg

As posted before, the set will release on November 3rd. It will be a combination of cards from Japan’s Raging Surf, Ancient Roar & Future Flash, and...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Does Jirachi only prevent cards that "place damage counter" or does it prevent all benched damage?
It's pretty clear about what it does. It does not allow an attack effect from an opponent's basic Pokémon to place damage counters on your benched Pokémon.

As usual, raw damage is not an effect, so it won't block the likes of Scream Tail or Zapdos ex.

It's pretty clear about what it does. It does not allow an attack effect from an opponent's basic Pokémon to place damage counters on your benched Pokémon.

As usual, raw damage is not an effect, so it won't block the likes of Scream Tail or Zapdos ex.
me when it doesn't block iron valiant :cool:

I mean the reason I ask is because I always assumed the raw damage was the number beside the attack and everything else was an effect of an attack

I mean the reason I ask is because I always assumed the raw damage was the number beside the attack and everything else was an effect of an attack
You’re correct that that is the effect of the attack, and Jirachi specifically prevents the placing of damage counters via an effect, not the dealing of damage via an effect. Doing X damage and placing X damage counters are distinct, separate mechanics.

You’re correct that that is the effect of the attack, and Jirachi specifically prevents the placing of damage counters via an effect, not the dealing of damage via an effect. Doing X damage and placing X damage counters are distinct, separate mechanics.
That's dumb. Not as dumb as having a difference between generic and colorless Mana but still pretty dumb

Back