Ruling Golisopod and Acerola

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
I have just a short question:

Imagine you have a damaged Golisopod GX as Active Pokemon and one Wimpod on your bench. You play Acerola and put Golisopod into your hand. Wimpod is now active. You attach an Energy, evolve it into Golisopod GX and now my question: Would First Impression do 120 damage in this case or 30?

It would only do 30. The text of First Impressions says "if this pokemon was on the bench this turn this attack does 90 more damage." Wimped was on the Bench not golisopod gx so the extra damage doesn't apply. It's a bummer but that's how it works

It would only do 30. The text of First Impressions says "if this pokemon was on the bench this turn this attack does 90 more damage." Wimped was on the Bench not golisopod gx so the extra damage doesn't apply. It's a bummer but that's how it works
Not true. "This Pokemon" refers to the same Pokemon, even if it evolves. So, Wimpod would still be the same Pokemon if it evolves. At least, that's how I've seen it ruled by judges in Houston cups

Yea wimpod became active that turn not golisopod that's why float stone and koko are so important in golisopod decks

I found out that Aurajackle and Dark Sentinel are right. There is a website with ruling questions and the answers of TPCi.

== FIRST IMPRESSION (Golisopod-GX - SM: Burning Shadows)

Q. If I move Wimpod to the Active position and then evolve it into Golisopod GX, would I get the bonus damage from "First Impression"?

A. No. Wimpod is not the same Pokemon as Golisopod GX. (Burning Shadows FAQ; Aug 3, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)
http://pokegym.net/community/index.php?threads/compendium-updates-for-august-3rd-2017.188052/

Just saying, PTCGO isn't always correct. There are glitches in the game. And some stuff just isn't coded correctly.

True, but in this case PTCGO was correct and that/those judge(s) were incorrect.

Back