Golduck TR, Lanturn Prime or Blastoise PL?

Godzillian

Excellence does not come without effort.
Hey guys, I haven't been posting regularly much lately, but I've been looking at this particular rare from Triumphant...
22-golduck.jpg

which can be compared to this particular Prime from Unleashed...
86-lanturn.jpg

or even this guy from Platinum...
2-blastoise.jpg

I was just thinking that maybe Golduck could tank. Its Body is amazing, especially with Feraligatr Prime. Attach 3 or 4 Water Energy and instantly heal 60 or 80 HP, then use Unown Return to return the extra Water Energy and attach them to another Pokemon (just in case Golduck gets KO'd next turn). You could also use Dawn Stadium, so if you attach 3 or 4 Water Energy to Golduck, it heals 90 or 120 respectively! (although I'm not sure why you would want to heal it for 120, since E-belt gives it 110HP max...) Unfortunately, Golduck has weakness x2 to Lightning, and even with E-belt on, Lux GL X would crush this guy. Also, Golduck only has 90 HP :( which is pretty pitiful.

I compared it to Lanturn Prime, but that card needs 2 Colorless and 1 Lightning to start off with. I guess that's easily remedied with 1 DCE and 1 Lightning (either by Energy Search or Energy Exchanger if required). Donkphan OHKO's it though, even though Lanturn does have rather nice HP for a Stage 1 (110HP). However, with E-belt, Lanturn Prime can OHKO Donphan Prime...hmm >_>

Then came Blastoise PL, which seems to be the best out of these cards. Dig Well is risky, but Delcatty PL helps with that. Aqua Press does basically the same thing as Powerful Splash (Golduck TR) though, and 'toise's second attack Hydro Launcher makes for a nice finisher to the game. However, 'toise is a Stage 2, which is a bit slower than Golduck TR or Lanturn Prime (considering that they're both Stage 1s and have BTS support). 130HP is great though.

So Golduck TR has a great body, low HP and Luxray weakness. (yes I do realize that DGX shuts down its body, but I don't see a lot of it in our metagame here right now...)
Lanturn Prime has higher damage output, pretty good HP, but Donkphan weakness.
Blastoise PL has same attack as Golduck TR, but has a secondary attack which can be a nice finisher. HP is standard, but tough to take down nonetheless. Power is risky, but worthwhile with Delcatty PL.

I was planning to make a Golduck TR deck, but was wondering what else I can pair it up with, or a possible decklist? Obviously Gatr Prime would be in there somewhere, and I was also thinking of teching in 3 or 4 Unown Return from HGSS.

Additionally, which one would be faster you think?

I just want to point out, with only 90hp, that Golduck is an easy kill. Crobat G's/Pluspowers leave it open to a lot of things.

Yes, I already mentioned that it's pitiful.

"Also, Golduck only has 90 HP which is pretty pitiful."

But it can swarm easily since it's a Stage1.

yeah u could make a swarm deck with it kinda like jumpluff and add rescue energies for better swarming since you dont have sunflora to recover... I think if u can make it really speedy with rare candies and 4 BTS it can work. obviously fishermans comes to mind in this deck along with gatr and interviewers question. I think if you know a card that has a similar attack like smeargle sw that lets you search for 3 basic energies and put it into your hand, it would be good. Or you could try making a deck involving gatr prime a little more by teching in blissey prime with the unown returns you were talking about. Have an option of tanking with feraligatr and swarming with golduck. Psyduck PL is a really nice starter for his headache attack, for no energies u flip a coin and if heads your opponent cant play any trainers, supporters or stadiums during his next turn, which is amazing. Uhmm Im still looking for something that searches for energies lol

Slowking from gold and silver will help with the blastoise, he can look and rearange the top three cards in your deck or your opponets once per turn.

i use a 2-2 slowking and found that bucks training is really good with it.

Slowking lets you look at the top 3 cards of your deck, but Blastoise's PokePower Dig Well allows you to look at the top 3 cards of your deck, meaning that Slowking HGSS wouldn't help you at all since it won't change what you pick up from Dig Well...

Back