• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golduck (Sun and Moon)

swaginator5000

Aspiring Trainer
Just looking for some general thoughts about card choices and so forth.

Pokemon-16

4-Psyduck SM
4-Golduck SM
2-Eevee AOR
1-Jolteon AOR
1-Flareon AOR
2-Staryu BKP
2-Starmie EVO

Trainers-36
3-Professor Sycamore
3-Professor Kukui
2-N
1-Lysandre
1-Skyla

4-Level Ball
4-Bursting Balloon
4-VS Seeker
3-Trainers Mail
2-Dive Ball
2-Energy Retrieval
2-Professors Letter
2-Silent Lab
1-Super Rod
1-Rotom Dex
1-Escape Rope

Energy-8
7-Water
1-Splash

Strategy
Attack with golduck and use starmie for energy recovery with jolteon and flareon to help hit for weaknesses.

Edited list:
Since this is back to the top i might as well post my updated list, i currently have a 75% winrate online and better at leauges but im still looking for ideas.

Pokemon-15
1 golduck break
4 golduck
4 psydyck
2 staryu
2 starmie
1 shaymin ex
1 mew ex

Trainer-35
3 sycamore
3 n
1 birch
1 teammates
2 lysandre
4 vs seeker
3 trainers mail
4 ultra ball
4 dive ball
2 super rod
1 escape rope
2 professor letter
3 bursting balloon
2 silent lab

Energy-10
2 splash
8 water

Last edited:
I would suggest cutting the Silent Lab as It wont affect much if any of the meta other than Volcanion, but you hit that for weakness and win the prize trade.
Also cut the single Splash Energy as it is inconsistent and you can't use it to fuel your attack.
If you plan on using your starmie/s for energy recovery I would suggest cutting the two energy retrieval as they are unnecessary once you get set up.

I would add 1-2 more basic energy for consistency and damage.
I would add an ECO Arm to cycle your Balloon damage.
I wold bump up the Dive Ball count to 4 as it digs up over half of your 'Mons.
+5

I would suggest cutting the Silent Lab as It wont affect much if any of the meta other than Volcanion, but you hit that for weakness and win the prize trade.
Also cut the single Splash Energy as it is inconsistent and you can't use it to fuel your attack.
If you plan on using your starmie/s for energy recovery I would suggest cutting the two energy retrieval as they are unnecessary once you get set up.

I would add 1-2 more basic energy for consistency and damage.
I would add an ECO Arm to cycle your Balloon damage.
I wold bump up the Dive Ball count to 4 as it digs up over half of your 'Mons.
+5
Thanks for the suggestions ill definitally try some of it

Hmm, I actually respectfully disagree with some of what rayquazatopaz34 said.

I do think Silent Lab is valuable as a disruption tool, as so many decks are relying on Shaymin & Hoopa, if you go first and lay it down it may just buy you a free turn to get a jump on the prize exchange. He is right that it's value will be limited later in the game; however, it is still important to have a counter stadium. You don't want people reducing your damage with Parallel City.

I also believe Splash Energy is fantastic in this deck as it helps you recycle your certain-to-be-KO'd Golducks more easily. Keeping the swarm going is the most important aspect to this deck, in my opinion.

I've seen multiple people putting Bursting Balloons in this deck, but I don't personally get it, as you're in pretty easy two-shot territory anyway, and I believe that card space can be better allocated to more draw support & consistency.

I do agree with dropping the Energy Retrievals, but I also think you should supplement Starmie with a Fisherman for turns that you might be Hex'd or something. Since it's VS Seeker-friendly, you can just dump it until you need it.

Also, just an FYI I don't think this deck, like many others, stands much of a chance at all against Greninja. I'd be prepared to lose that one handily.

Here's a quick preliminary list that might help you.

4/4/1 golduck (added 1 BREAK to help survive a hit. make them 2-shot a 1-prize Poke. cycle him with Splash if possible)
2/2 starmie (dropping a splash on these guys if you have the time isn't a bad idea, it's the core of the deck)
1 mew-ex (hit Mewtwo's weakness. Can also be used to save a Golduck, but at the cost of two prizes, so be mindful)
1/1/1 eevees
=17

4 sycamore
3 n
2 lysandre
1 teammates (you're always getting KO'd. take advantage. better than skyla.)
1 kukui
1 fisherman (stock up if you feel a hex coming, or use if hex'd)

4 vs seeker
4 level ball
4 dive ball
3 trainer's mail
3 silent lab
2 escape rope
1 super rod (wouldn't mind a second one, tbh)
1 professor's letter
=34

2 splash (rinse & repeat)
7 water (could maybe dip to 6, needs testing)
=9

This deck needs to be fast so being able to draw or recover energy and your golducks is crucial. I've been in situations where both my starmie are prized, so having a safety net won't hurt. So splash energy, level and dive balls, starmie, energy retrieval are key. Everything else is icing on the cake. And I've found that a combo of poison barb and or muscle band is more useful than bursting balloon

This deck needs to be fast so being able to draw or recover energy and your golducks is crucial. I've been in situations where both my starmie are prized, so having a safety net won't hurt. So splash energy, level and dive balls, starmie, energy retrieval are key. Everything else is icing on the cake. And I've found that a combo of poison barb and or muscle band is more useful than bursting balloon
I havr significantly changed this list and i think bursting balloons are far more impactful as they allow me to pick up ko's and muscle band isnt even in the standard format.

How's Golduck looking now that Guardians has been released? Still pretty item heavy but seems to match up fairly well to trade with Garbodor, is well matched up against Volcanion and Incineroar, but could struggle against the grass GXs. Think a 1-1 Flareon line is worth it for this reason?

General advice on the list other than that please :)

4 Psyduck

4 Golduck

2 Staryu

2 Starmie

2 Remoraid

2 Octillery

4 Professor Sycamore

3 N

2 Lysandre

1 Brock's Grit

4 VS Seeker

4 Trainer's Mail

4 Level Ball

4 Dive Ball

3 Choice Band

2 Float Stone

1 Professor's Letter

2 Silent Lab

8 Water Energy

2 Splash Energy

How's Golduck looking now that Guardians has been released? Still pretty item heavy but seems to match up fairly well to trade with Garbodor, is well matched up against Volcanion and Incineroar, but could struggle against the grass GXs. Think a 1-1 Flareon line is worth it for this reason?

General advice on the list other than that please :)

4 Psyduck

4 Golduck

2 Staryu

2 Starmie

2 Remoraid

2 Octillery

4 Professor Sycamore

3 N

2 Lysandre

1 Brock's Grit

4 VS Seeker

4 Trainer's Mail

4 Level Ball

4 Dive Ball

3 Choice Band

2 Float Stone

1 Professor's Letter

2 Silent Lab

8 Water Energy

2 Splash Energy
With garb in the format one of the decks big threats, M Mewtwo, is gone which is good, but decidueye can still beat it pretty easily thanks to turn 1 feather arrows on starmies/early game pressure when trying to setup, so until forset rotates i personally will not be playing it outside of league. Also for cards from GUR i think choice band adds almost no value, but field blower is great since we never really had an obvious stadium choice.

Back