• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golden Oldies (Golduck SUM, Crabominable BUS, Ribombee BUS)

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Cutiefly LOT 145
* 2 Ribombee BUS 96
* 2 Crabrawler BUS 73
* 2 Crabominable BUS 74
* 4 Psyduck TEU 26
* 4 Golduck SUM 29

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 2 Brock's Grit EVO 74
* 2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Martial Arts Dojo UNB 179
* 2 Buff Padding TEU 136

##Energy - 11

* 2 Fighting Energy 6
* 9 Water Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I'm honestly just so happy there's a meta that lets me play both of these cards (golduck and crabominable) that, let's face it, used to be great, and got less great until now. Time for one last go round with my old friends.

This deck has, of course, 2 good matchups that it is built for, pikarom and reshizard. I just took out a pikarom on turn 2 with crabby/choice/dojo. I can easily one shot a reshizard with a choice band on golduck as well.

The two attackers aren't entirely synergistic, since one has to discard and one should probably be played with acerola, but I went with heavier golduck due to better one prize matchups like baby blowns, weezing, anything you need to hit 120 for essentially. On the other hand buff padding can let crabby stick it out a couple turns against some decks. It still sucks against most one prize decks, because these are somewhat venerable cards here, but I do love winning with it anyway.

In case you haven't seen these mons before, golduck discards up to 2 water energy at 60 damage per discard, for a single water attached. So it synergizes with ribombee to dig for energy and then recyclers and brock to put them back. Ribombee also lets me play just the 2 fighting energy, finding it when needed to attack with crabominable, who does 80 for a single fighting, or 90 with dojo, or 120 with dojo and down on prizes, perfect for KOing anything fighting weak.

Let me know if this deck needs any changes, a ditto could work I know, but I forgot it until just now. Anything else you can think of, to give these guys a proper send off?

I like this deck idea. It's cool to get what you need when you need it. Some things to try out, Adding 2 Jirachi's + Escape boards. Jirachi help you be more consistent in getting those combo pieces you need them. Possibly a pokemon communication in the deck because you may not need a certain pokemon that time

Things I believe you should absolutely add:

+ Ditto Prism
+ 1 Ultra Ball
+1 Nest Ball

You are playing a stage 1 deck so it is key that you are able to search you pokemon out as consistent as possible.
Ditto can evolve into any stage 1 you need at the time, since you are playing 3 different stage 1 lines.

Things you can take out:

-2 Shrine of Punishment
-2 Buff padding
- Water Energy
- 1 Field Blower

With shrine you have 6 stadiums,that's a lot and it's not doing much for your team outside of slowly damaging GX pokemon which you should be 1 or 2hkoing anyways.
Buff Padding + Crab looks cool but you are hurting yourself anyways. It won't be doing much except surviving a Pikarom's Full Blitz which you should be OHKOing anyways
You have easy ways to search out your energies. You can afford to run a lower count
With field blower you only need to use it once to cripple your opponent and that's just one wishful baton on Quagnag or Baby Blacephelon. Two is a bit much when you're tight on deckspace

Those are some of my suggestions. I'll be testing this deck out in a few hours to see how it goes :) I really like this idea

Wow, everything you suggested makes a lot of sense. Thanks man! It's funny, I play 2hko decks like rotom and alolan eggs, I should have noticed the shrine wasn't too relevant here. And buff padding might keep a crab alive on rare occasion, but then it can't equip a choice if needed. I'll have to test it out with jirachi, still only have 1 but maybe I'll trade for another.

By the way I just found dojo isn't limited to fighting pokes, and promptly took out an ultra necrozma with it, lol.

Back