Glendale. AZ Battle Roads report.

JayKam

Aspiring Trainer
this the first tournament i've ever been to... and i barely started putting the deck together and trading the day before...

deck list i ran with no catchers... :(
(was trading/using my friends cards to make this deck since i dont got any cards

3x Tornadus EX
1x Darkrai EX
1x Murkrow (needed a basic dark pokemon and this is the only good one i had)
2x Boufullant DRX
1x Mew ex (no mewtwos...)
3x Aerodactyl

4x N
4x Juniper
2x Bianca
2x Random Receiver
2x Switch
4x Energy Switch
3x Eviolite
3x Twist mountain
1x Skyarrow Bridge
4x Dark Patch
2x Tool Scrapper
4x Ultra Ball
1x Old amber (was never usefull... but it filled up the deck list)

4x DCE
9x Darkness energy (tournament organizer hooked it up! nobody else wanted to help me get energies...)

Game one: Vs Empoleon/Boufullant/throh

had a bad start and i forgot to place my prize cards so they gave her an extra prize, had bad luck with the boufullant and throh paralyzed. ended up getting prizes and had to pull tricky stuff(attacked for 10 damage once with murkrow to setup a ko with darkrai lol) i pulled it out in the end and got my first win!! FIRST TOURNEY WIN EVER

1-0

Game two: Vs Mewtwo/terrakion/Darkrai/techs

was a hard match but thanks to the aerodactyls i was able to turn the game into my favor, he discarded alot of hes pokemon early game because he thought i was a noob who ran aerodactyl so i didnt really need catchers in this game (thank go0d!)

2-0

Game three: vs Ho-oh/mewtwo/registeel(she went 6-0 and won the BR)
didnt have the best start and i took alot of gambles that didnt pay off, she exploited the fact the i didnt have catchers... she rolled tails on like 90% of her SSU but she nailed every ho-oh summon. she won and gave me my first loss... :( (she told me i could still place if i got 4-2)was real upset i couldnt get the cards i wanted. i was thinking of leaving.

LUNCH TIME!!! had a soda (dr. pepper) and some Doritos locos tacos

back to the GAIMZ!!

Game four: vs Terrakion/mewtwo
was a pretty easy match i think my opponent thought he was going to win i got good draws and foiled all hes plans tool scrappers at right time to take off exp shares and ko hes pokemon with energy. he was upset i gave him another loss.

3-1

Game five: vs Darkrai/terrakion/hammers(she went 5-1 and got 3rd! i hate my life)
she pretty much had the game since the start. i miss played once but it wouldnt have made a difference. i lost and she was overjoyed cause now she was 4-1, i felt like i shouldnt have even played since i was giving people free wins... was depressed and went to my last match...

3-2 :(

game six: vs Darkrai/Mewtwo/tornadus
my last match of the day i was depressed but i dont give up. he went first i started a Tornadus ex and he started a Mewtwo, he started chipping at my tornadus and had 4 energy on mewtwo... b4 he could knock out my tornadus i was able to get a mew and i attached an energy to mew and energy switched an energy to mew retreated tornadus with skyarrow and KO'd mewtwo(he didnt see it coming) i eventually knocked out a darkrai and then started the N war... he got a double ko on mew and tornadus....4 prizes!! now i got the Ns on him! he ended up KO'n one of my boufullants! close to another loss under my belt... i pulled a bianca and drew 5 cards! i was hoping for a tool scrapper but insted got aerodactyl and twist mountain so now it was down to a coin flip heads i can do 10 more damage and get the ko tails im 10 short and am in a bad situation... i got TAILS! so i attacked and i was 10 damage away from the win! hes turn he stalls retreats into mewtwo and catchers a boufullant he N's and i pull a juniper and i pull a switch(or an energy i dont remember) i retreat and darkspear him from the bench for the win!

4-2 i wasnt happy :(
but atleast i didnt lose more games then i thought i would.

talked to the girl who went 6-0 and she told me i could still place due to the fact i went against people with good ratios( i forgot what term they used to describe this)

they put the scores up and i got 8th barely made it...
i lol'd that i got 8th with this deck
too bad i wont be going to another tourney someone could have really used those points...

Please capitalize the first word of each sentence and the word 'I'.~KA

Hey, man. Congrats on placing! I talked to you a couple times (the one who loaned you the trainers).

Ho-oh ended up winning the Mesa BR, too. Should have been there, haha.

Back