Glalie (Arceus)

47bennyg

Hmmmm
I was just looking through my cards and stumbled upon this one.
http://www.http://google.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/Glalie-Arceus-18.jpg
I was wondering if there was any playability to it. It's a stage 1, with only +20 weakness. Its first attack is pretty decent, 70 for one DCE if there is a stadium to discard (maybe some donking possibilities) and it could stop some cards like Blaziken FB and Donphan pretty easy. Any opinions on it? Or was I off mark thinking it was a viable card?

maybe but not likly. 70 isnt really enough. sure its a stage 1 but other stage 1's do ALOT more and worth running. it might be a good spread card though...or a good tech just in case they misplay Lost World or a good defence against stage 2 decks that run BTS.

This card works as more of a tech against Pokemon with water weakness, than a card to build an entire deck around. It can one-shot both Donphan Prime and Blaziken FB, which are 2 of the most popular cards with water weakness. Also, since it runs on colorless energy, it makes a pretty formidable tech in any deck that can spare a Stadium and REALLY hates fire.

Run it with Mightyena, Skuntank, and Yanmega prime, and you might have a fun deck on your hands.
But in all seriousness, try it, you might surprise yourself.

I once had a fun deck with this, T2 90 (Glalie, DCE, Expert Belt, and 1 random Stadium) is nice, but Dialga G and/or Scizor Prime eats you up, and your decks needs to run an insane amount of stadiums to keep going (a smart opponent wont drop any stadiums, so you cant rely on that), meaning a lot of dead draws, concistency loss, and numerous other withdraws. It also isn't nice that sometimes I cut the stadium count and added some Marley's Request (from SF), but then I was recycling my stadiums rather than doing stuff I wanted to do with my supporters...

Glalie AR is a great card for a fun deck, but unless your metagame consists of Donphan + random water weak decks, keep Glalie at the league, or at least as a fun deck (as did I). If you want, PM me about my list.

Back