• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glacial Traitor (Glaceon/Zoroark 6.0)

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
Hello and thank you for opening this decklist. I have my first league cup this Saturday and would really appreciate if I could get recommendations for my deck.
Below is the decklist.

19 Pokemon
1 Ditto Prism Star LOT 154
2 Zoroark-GX SMP 84
2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Slugma CES 23
2 Zorua SHL 53
2 Eevee SUM 101
2 Eevee SUM 101a
1 Magcargo CES 24
1 Oranguru UPR 114
3 Glaceon-GX UPR 141
1 Alolan Muk SUM 58
1 Marshadow SHL 45

31 Trainers
4 Cynthia
3 Professor Elm's Lecture
3 Guzma
2 Lillie
2 Acerola
------------------
4 Ultra Ball
2 Energy Loto
2 Aqua Patch
1 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Pal Pad
1 Escape Board
1 Switch
2 Choice Band
------------------
2 viridian forest

10 Energys
6 Water Energy
4 Double Colorless

If you want an extra line of Zoroark
-1 Energy loto
-1 Professor Elm's Lecture

This is going to colinsville and it will crash and burn

If there are any questions regarding the deck, feel free to ask them.
I will try to respond to your query as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Hi AquaPiplup! I have never played this kind of deck, so I can't even try to purpose an useful fix.
Aren't there too many energies? Maybe I'd play a couple of Water Energy less and I'd add two Aqua Patch (to full charge a just evolved Glaceon).
Moreover, aren't two Zoroark too few? If you prize one of them, you almost loose your consistency device. I think an optimal ration between Glaceon and Zoroark should be 3 - 3 or even 2 -3. But, I repeat, I'm totally ignorant about this.
I'd remove the mono Kukui: Glaceon doesn't reach any good number with it, and in order to hit 130 with Zoroark you have Devoured Field.
Girafarig can be cool indeed, and I would remove Marshadow for it. Marshadow fill your already filled up bench (consider: two Zoroark, a Lele, and Magcargo).
Let me know if I said a not so stupid thing at least! :)

I tried the deck quite a bit. I can say I was definitely wrong about Aqua Patch, it is useless. But I can ensure you: your Zoroark line should be 3. You should also consider a mono Judge ;)

I had a judge instead of a marshadow but marshadow was easier to find and combo of of
I only need 2-2 line because the other spaces go to techs like Alolan muk, ditto prism star, weakness policy
etc
Also if I were to remove cards for another Zoroark line which cards should it be

Edit:
After going to my first league cup I decided to make these edits because in most cases having 1 card doesn't guarantee a win against a certain matchup in this case metal type decks.
-1 Weakness Policy
+1 Acerola

Also I would like to add a kukui or choice band but don't know what to remove.

Last edited:
I agree with Missilistico. A line of zoroark will make the deck much better and more consistent. To make space for it I would drop 1 water energy and the oranguru

I also agree about adding one more zoroark but maybe a zorua isn't needed since ditto prism is there

I also don't really see the need for alolan muk besides shutting down oranguru and besides that glacion really dose all the work you need

2 zorua is because you always want to evolve ditto into magcargo or alolan muk
alolan muk is there for hoopa shl, the upcoming jirachi, koko {} etc

ok if you want more zoro here it is

-1 energy lotto
-1 ?

+1-1 zoroark line

? stands for i don't know what else to remove

okay I just thought it would be a good idea for more consistency and maybe take out recourse management oranguru

I've found 2 Glaceon to be enough in my testing. You never really need more than 1 active and 1 on the bench. 3-3 Zoro and 4-2 Glaceon is plenty consistent. Glaceon is also a fine counter to blacephalon on its own so I don't think you need the giraffe. Muk shuts down Grabull and Jirachi pretty hard and slows down buzz shrine, so the only one prize decks you need to worry about is March, and Glaceon spread gives you a solid answer to that, so I'm not sure Shuckle is necessary. You might consider pokecom to find Zoroark?

No, I mean that Elm’s is what you should remove. Sorry for the confusion.
I know

I've found 2 Glaceon to be enough in my testing. You never really need more than 1 active and 1 on the bench. 3-3 Zoro and 4-2 Glaceon is plenty consistent. Glaceon is also a fine counter to blacephalon on its own so I don't think you need the giraffe. Muk shuts down Grabull and Jirachi pretty hard and slows down buzz shrine, so the only one prize decks you need to worry about is March, and Glaceon spread gives you a solid answer to that, so I'm not sure Shuckle is necessary. You might consider pokecom to find Zoroark?

I have needed a 3rd Glaceon in some matchups to polar spear for win
I think I might need a grimer as a response to the up in usage with lot wobbefet

Back