• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon GX/Zoroark GX + New Articuno GX

dark aura

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 16
3 Glaceon GX
2 Articuno GX
2 Zoroark GX
1 Tapu Lele GX
2 Zorua
4 Eevee
1 Mewtwo Evolutions
1 Volcanion Prism Star

Trainer: 30
3 Sycamore
3 N
3 Guzma
2 Cynthia
1 Brigette
1 Acerola
1 Mallow
3 Ultra Ball
4 Aqua Patch
1 Max Potion
2 Field Blower
2 Enhanced Hammer
1 Escape Board
2 Choice Band
1 Multi Switch

Energy: 14
10 Water Energy
4 Double Colorless

This is a list for the deck for the upcoming set Celestial Storm. Feedback?

Possible Techs: Weakness Policy (I don't know if it's worth adding this card to this deck somewhere not sure if 1 copy is really worth it), 2nd Escape Board (Float Stone is probably safer for this deck but Escape Board has been working fine for me if I have my Lele benched or if I can attach it to a 2-retreat cost Pokemon, which there are plenty, in order to utilize Aqua Patch.) Tapu Fini GX (this card is so useful late game and so useless early as if the opponent has no way to heal damage and you only need 1 or 2 prizes left 120 damage to the bench is just what you need to finish off the game. I have a lot of success with this but with the new Articuno I don't think this will be much use anymore and there's too many things in the deck to find room for it.)

Ideas with Articuno GX: Not really your main attacker of the deck, Glaceon will lead with Freezing Gaze ideally and most preferably in most games. Once damage has been set up on your side you can search Articuno GX with Ultra Ball or if you have it in hand, and swap and Articuno GX cleans up with 130 damage or 170 with Choice band. Max Potion is here to heal damage from the previous Pokemon switched with Articuno with no energy. Articuno can also be used just for GX attack on a Gardevoir GX.

Last edited:
I would like to make a point that for this deck to be more than hypothetical, you’d have to make this post rotation. Let me help with that:
-3 Sycamore (rotating)
-3 N (rotating)
-1 Brigette (rotating)
-1 Mewtwo (rotating)
-1 Eevee (4-3 is theme deck math)
-1 Multi Switch (?)

+2 Cynthia (replacement for draw supporters)
+1 Pokémon Fan Club (replaces Brigette)
+1 Choice Band (3 is more than 2)
+2 Max Potion (for consistency purposes)
+1 Ultra Ball (need it)
+1 Judge (Also replacement for draw supporters)
+1 Mallow (eh)
+1 Rescue Stretcher (probably a good idea)

That’s what I think. See ya!

articuno's GX attack will be extremely useful post rotation in decks that use special energy. plus it has good synergy with aqua patch

I would like to make a point that for this deck to be more than hypothetical, you’d have to make this post rotation. Let me help with that:
-3 Sycamore (rotating)
-3 N (rotating)
-1 Brigette (rotating)
-1 Mewtwo (rotating)
-1 Eevee (4-3 is theme deck math)
-1 Multi Switch (?)

+2 Cynthia (replacement for draw supporters)
+1 Pokémon Fan Club (replaces Brigette)
+1 Choice Band (3 is more than 2)
+2 Max Potion (for consistency purposes)
+1 Ultra Ball (need it)
+1 Judge (Also replacement for draw supporters)
+1 Mallow (eh)
+1 Rescue Stretcher (probably a good idea)

That’s what I think. See ya!
I think 4 Eevee is probably more ideal than 3 because you want to get turn 1 Glaceon out to shut down the opponent's abilites like Tapu Lele GX and slow them down in order to gain tempo of the game.

Last edited:
Back