• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon GX/Swampert

lampshade11

Spicy Lord
Hey Guys, Ive been testing out deck ideas from celestial storm and i keep going back to Swampert. The problem im finding with my Magcargo/Swampert decks is that they feel too slow and im getting a lot of losses, so i thought i would try out Glaceon GX for my main attacker and have Swampert as a sorta backup, here's my list so far

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 4 Eevee SUM 101
* 3 Glaceon-GX UPR 39
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Mudkip CES 33
* 2 Marshtomp CES 34
* 2 Swampert CES 35

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 3 Judge FLI 108
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Energy Recycle System CES 128
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123

##Energy - 12

* 8 Water Energy EVO 93
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

What do you guys think, any feedback is greatly appreciated !

:D

After reading this post, I was pretty intrigued by the idea of Swampert/Glaceon-GX and started deck testing with it. Unfortunately, after playing 30 or so matches I discovered that this deck build may be best reserved as a fun deck rather than a competitive one. I say this for the following reasons:

1. Metal decks are simply too popular in the current format and this deck stands almost no chance against them. Because of Glaceon-GX's weakness to metal, it gets OHKO by almost every single attack. Plus, neither Swampert nor Glaceon can hit the crazy numbers required to knockout most metal Pokemon, which results in them getting knocked immediately afterwards when your opponent hits.

2. Secondly, damage output is a major problem in this deck. Because Glaceon's health isn't very high, it often doesn't get the chance to hit twice without being killed. This creates problems because its main attack only does 90 damage. Swampert on the other hand can hit for decent numbers, but because it is a stage 2 Pokemon you can only setup one or two per game. This lack of damage results in your Pokemon getting knocked out, while your opponent can simply switch between Pokemon that don't have any damage on it.

3. The last problem I found was energy requirements. Both Swampert and Glaceon require 3 energy to hit, and even with the help of 4 DCE and 4 Aqua Patch I was still having dead turns sometimes because I simply couldn't attach so much energy in such little time.

My apologies if this comes across as discouraging in any way, I am simply trying to give you feedback regarding some problems I found with the deck. That being said, I will admit Swampert/Glaceon-GX is a fun deck to play and can be very satisfying when you beat meta decks like Buzzwole-GX with it.

Last edited:
After reading this post, I was pretty intrigued by the idea of Swampert/Glaceon-GX and started deck testing with it. Unfortunately, after playing 30 or so matches I discovered that this deck build may be best reserved as a fun deck rather than a competitive one. I say this for the following reasons:

1. Metal decks are simply too popular in the current format and this deck stands almost no chance against them. Because of Glaceon-GX's weakness to metal, it gets OHKO by almost every single attack. Plus, neither Swampert nor Glaceon can hit the crazy numbers required to knockout most metal Pokemon, which results in them getting knocked immediately afterwards when your opponent hits.

2. Secondly, damage output is a major problem in this deck. Because Glaceon's health isn't very high, it often doesn't get the chance to hit twice without being killed. This creates problems because its main attack only does 90 damage. Swampert on the other hand can hit for decent numbers, but because it is a stage 2 Pokemon you can only setup one or two per game. This lack of damage results in your Pokemon getting knocked out, while your opponent can simply switch between Pokemon that don't have any damage on it.

3. The last problem I found was energy requirements. Both Swampert and Glaceon require 3 energy to hit, and even with the help of 4 DCE and 4 Aqua Patch I was still having dead turns sometimes because I simply couldn't attach so much energy in such little time.

My apologies if this comes across as discouraging in any way, I am simply trying to give you feedback regarding some problems I found with the deck. That being said, I will admit Swampert/Glaceon-GX is a fun deck to play and can be very satisfying when you beat meta decks like Buzzwole-GX with it.

Thanks for the feedback

Back