• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon-GX/Milotic (Post SM5)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Pokémon (16):

3x Glaceon-GX
4x Energy Evolution Eevee
1x Tapu Koko
1x Espeon-EX
2x Milotic CRI
2x Feebas
3x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers (32):

3x Sycamore
3x N
2x Cynthia
1x Wake
1x Cyrus Prism Star
3x Guzma
1x Brigette
4x Ultra Ball
4x Aqua Patch
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Pal Pad
4x Po Town
2x Choice Band
2x Float Stone

Energy (12):

8x Water Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

Stage 1 Glaceon-GX HP200[W]
Evolves from Eevee

Ability Freezing Gaze
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent's Pokémon-GX and Pokémon-EX in play, in their hand, and in their discard pile have no Abilities. (Except for Freezing Gaze)

[W][C][C] Frost Bullet 90
This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[W][C][C] Polar Spear 50x
This attack does 50 damage for each damage counter on your opponent's Active Pokémon. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [M]x2 Resistance: Retreat: [C][C]

Trainer Pal Pad (Item)

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Shuffle 2 Supporter cards from your discard pile into your deck.

Trainer Wake (Supporter)

Discard 2 [W] Energy cards from your hand in order to play this card.

Search your deck for up to 2 cards and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

You may play only one Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Trainer Cyrus Prism Star (Supporter)

You can't have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.

This card can only be used if your Active Pokémon is [W] or [M].

Your opponent chooses 2 of their Benched Pokémon, then shuffles their other Benched Pokémon and all cards attached to them into their deck.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Basically, the strategy is to lock your opponent out of the game with Glaceon's Ability and Milotic's attack TLC while building chip damage around the board. Milotic provides sort of a reset button to big Stage 2s, as well as things like baby Ninetales and Hoopa. Espeon EX, Koko, and Po Town are your win condition.

What do you guys think? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

In general I do like the idea to combo Glaceon GX with Milotic but I would suppliment it with Cyrus Prism Star. Cyrus works well with Glaceon GX since the latter one blocks Tapu Lele GX and the former one works wonders to set the opponent back a few turns. You want to use Cyrus when the opponent spent some resources to set up but does not have a sufficient supply of attackers fueled. I modified the Trainer and Pokémon section to focus a little more on the spread damage and resource return tatcic.

Pokémon (16):
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Tapu Fini GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Glaceon GX (beatdown)
  • 4 Eevee SM1 (evolution)
  • 2 Tapu Koko (sniper)
  • 2 Milotic (beatdown)
  • 2 Feebas (evolution)
Trainer (32):
  • 3 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Cyrus Prism Star (disable)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher
  • 3 Choice Band
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 4 Aqua Patch
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Po Town
Energy (12):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Water Energy
Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

In general I do like the idea to combo Glaceon GX with Milotic but I would suppliment it with Cyrus Prism Star. Cyrus works well with Glaceon GX since the latter one blocks Tapu Lele GX and the former one works wonders to set the opponent back a few turns. You want to use Cyrus when the opponent spent some resources to set up but does not have a sufficient supply of attackers fueled. I modified the Trainer and Pokémon section to focus a little more on the spread damage and resource return tatcic.

Pokémon (16):
  • 2 Tapu Lele GX (beatdown)
  • 1 Tapu Fini GX (beatdown)
  • 3 Glaceon GX (beatdown)
  • 4 Eevee SM1 (evolution)
  • 2 Tapu Koko (sniper)
  • 2 Milotic (beatdown)
  • 2 Feebas (evolution)
Trainer (32):
  • 3 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Cyrus Prism Star (disable)
  • 1 Bridgette (search)
  • 3 Guzma (control)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher
  • 3 Choice Band
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 4 Aqua Patch
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Po Town
Energy (12):
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 8 Water Energy
Hope this provides some initial assistance.
Oh! I knew I was forgetting something. Cyrus is a great idea. I do have some problems with your list though.

Why no Wake? The card is too good to not run at least 1 or 2 of IMO.

No Pal Pad?

No Espeon-EX? It's amazing with the spread damage from Frost Bullet, Koko, and Po Town.

I feel Fini is unnecessary since usually you can take a big KO with Glaceon's GX attack, which is much better than just shuffling them away with Fini.

I'll be updating my list, check it out in a few. :)

Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Oh! I knew I was forgetting something. Cyrus is a great idea. I do have some problems with your list though.

Why no Wake? The card is too good to not run at least 1 or 2 of IMO.

No Pal Pad?

No Espeon-EX? It's amazing with the spread damage from Frost Bullet, Koko, and Po Town.

I feel Fini is unnecessary since usually you can take a big KO with Glaceon's GX attack, which is much better than just shuffling them away with Fini.

I'll be updating my list, check it out in a few. :)

Wake indeed is a nice card but what do you want to search for that cannot be drawn using the nine draw supporter? I feel that there is little the deck is searching for most of the time which reduces the value of Wake. Espeon Ex sure is an option but it does little against decks not entirely focused on evolution lines. Espeon Ex sure is an alternative to Tapu Fini GX if the local meta has a sufficient number of evolution decks. I would still cut one Tapu Lele GX in the revised list to include a second Tapu Koko. From exprience two Tapu Lele GX are sufficient most of the time with nine to ten decent draw supporters.

Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Wake indeed is a nice card but what do you want to search for that cannot be drawn using the nine draw supporter? I feel that there is little the deck is searching for most of the time which reduces the value of Wake. Espeon Ex sure is an option but it does little against decks not entirely focused on evolution lines. Espeon Ex sure is an alternative to Tapu Fini GX if the local meta has a sufficient number of evolution decks. I would still cut one Tapu Lele GX in the revised list to include a second Tapu Koko. From exprience two Tapu Lele GX are sufficient most of the time with nine to ten decent draw supporters.
Fair point. But Wake also helps discard Energy for Aqua Patch. I think for now I'll keep it in over the 3rd Cynthia, but when/if I start testing this I'll definitely try running a 3rd Cynthia instead. I find 2 Lele is fine in decks that run supplemental draw support like Octillery, Zoroark-GX, or even Oranguru, but outside of those decks I think 3 Lele is needed. Plus, Koko is usually used as a starter, and Eevee is the preferred starter in this deck, so I think one is perfect.

I really like the concept! I don't see anything flawed with your list, I think any suggestion from me would just be based on preference.

I would remove one Po Town for a second Brigette. Three Po Town should be fine since it's not a Stadium that'll be used/needed every game, but Brigette is your preferred opening Supporter so a second one only helps.

I'm up in the air about the single copy of Pal Pad. I would almost want to replace it with a fourth copy of Sycamore or N, but I feel like it's something I would want to test before removing.

Cool list though! I feel like Glaceon GX is going to be a game changer!

I really like the concept! I don't see anything flawed with your list, I think any suggestion from me would just be based on preference. I feel like Glaceon GX is going to be a game changer!
Thanks! I agree about Glaceon :)
I would remove one Po Town for a second Brigette. Three Po Town should be fine since it's not a Stadium that'll be used/needed every game, but Brigette is your preferred opening Supporter so a second one only helps.

I'm up in the air about the single copy of Pal Pad. I would almost want to replace it with a fourth copy of Sycamore or N, but I feel like it's something I would want to test before removing.
I don't think the deck needs T1 Brigette that much, it needs T1 Energy Evolution alot more, and Brigette can't help you there. So I think 1 is fine. However, I might lose the fourth Po Town for a third Choice Band.

Yeah, I really think it is just preference there. I prefer the Pal Pad for the flexibility it gives.

Like usual, great list Gekki. But Milotic is a problem. Feebas is something Buzzwoles or other Glaceon can snipe before it evolves, and it's another Pokemon that can be Guzma'd out of the Glaceon lock. I would for sure drop the 2-2 line for 2 Hammers and 2 Acerolas. Acerola recycles your DCE, your Glaceon, and works as a prize prevention, as well as energizing with Aqua Patch because it can set a Glaceon right back up. Wake is cute, but what does it actually do for the deck? Aqua Patch itself isn't a necessity, and you draw cards you need just fine. Same goes for Pal Pad. What does it actually help with? You have Cynthia now for extra draw support that you'd shuffle back in with Pal Pad, and drawing it instead of an actual supporter you need early game, or discarding it with Sycamore render it useless. It wasn't played when it was printed, and I don't see that changing with the amount of draw support we have now compared to back then.

Like usual, great list Gekki. But Milotic is a problem. Feebas is something Buzzwoles or other Glaceon can snipe before it evolves, and it's another Pokemon that can be Guzma'd out of the Glaceon lock. I would for sure drop the 2-2 line for 2 Hammers and 2 Acerolas. Acerola recycles your DCE, your Glaceon, and works as a prize prevention, as well as energizing with Aqua Patch because it can set a Glaceon right back up. Wake is cute, but what does it actually do for the deck? Aqua Patch itself isn't a necessity, and you draw cards you need just fine. Same goes for Pal Pad. What does it actually help with? You have Cynthia now for extra draw support that you'd shuffle back in with Pal Pad, and drawing it instead of an actual supporter you need early game, or discarding it with Sycamore render it useless. It wasn't played when it was printed, and I don't see that changing with the amount of draw support we have now compared to back then.
You already have a tough Buzzwole matchup because Eevee is weak to Fighting and they aren't very susceptible to Ability lock or spread so I'm fine with Feebas being an easy target. And they'll 100% have something else to Guzma out of the lock anyways, you'll have an Eevee or a Lele Benched. IMO Milotic helps alot more than hurts here. Acerola and E Hammer are nice but I'd still rather have Milotic. You bring up good points about Wake and Pal Pad, I'll consider adding a fourth Sycamore and third Cynthia in their place.

You already have a tough Buzzwole matchup because Eevee is weak to Fighting and they aren't very susceptible to Ability lock or spread so I'm fine with Feebas being an easy target. And they'll 100% have something else to Guzma out of the lock anyways, you'll have an Eevee or a Lele Benched. IMO Milotic helps alot more than hurts here. Acerola and E Hammer are nice but I'd still rather have Milotic. You bring up good points about Wake and Pal Pad, I'll consider adding a fourth Sycamore and third Cynthia in their place.
Buzzwole relies on Lycanroc, and in some cases, Zoroark. And Buzzwole only gets to prey on Fever if you let it. I wasn't very clear with the Guzma point, but I meant if they Guzma the Feebas, they basically get a free prize, and a turn out of the ability lock. Buzzwole is as prone to bench sniping as everything. It chips them down, and you have a much easier time taking prizes when they can't Lele. To add to the pain, the second they get Cyrus'd, they have to choose what they want to keep. 9 times out of 10, it will be a Buzzwole and an Octillery. Octillery you 3HKO from attacking it on the bench, and Buzzwole can be set up for a following Glaceon to GX. You'd have a much easier time without Feebas, and Hammer+Acerola destroys that matchup. They can't Knuckle Impact if you get rid of their Energy before they set it up.

Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

I would retain Pal Pad to shuffle back draw supporters. However I agree with @gumball51321 that Wake is not needed in this deck. In fact there is little the deck needs to search out that cannot be drawn into with a stable nine draw supporter line. I would therefore cut Wake for a third Cynthia. If you expect a lot of Buzzwole or Big Basic decks consider to replace Milotic with Alolan Ninetales GX as a nice secondary attacker that can ohko with Choice Band.

Back