• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon-EX / Jolteon-EX

Ok, I like the list (But maybe a 1-1 Raichu would be good against Carbink), and also, if Maxies Garchomp makes it a basic, then it just gets destroyed even more by Jolteon-EX.

*Edit: Does Using Juniper make it Expanded? I know Sycamore does the same thing, but it has a different name and it's from Black and White.

I didn't see any cards that I felt were necessary for the deck that were in Expanded. I first started playing cards in BW, went away for a bit, then came back. Sycamore still feels like Juniper to me, so I usually say Juniper. Either way I feel the deck works in both expanded and standard.

My question is this: is Maxie's Garchomp such a huge metagame threat that we need to tech against it? Keeping in mind that we can 2HKO it without a muscle band, and we can power up a Mew to be hitting for 70 in one turn?

My question is this: is Maxie's Garchomp such a huge metagame threat that we need to tech against it? Keeping in mind that we can 2HKO it without a muscle band, and we can power up a Mew to be hitting for 70 in one turn?
IMO it is from personal experience

I disagree with the Umbreon addition. I think it takes away from the deck's focus of locking down opponents attackers. And I feel 2 is too little dimension valley. Also upping the Jolteon count would help get one out quicker.
I understand where you are coming from. But ask yourself-Why would I not want to take 4 prizes?
I think it should be included as a tech just to take an easy 4 prizes. Another thing-I fail to see the importance of Raichu here. It shouldn't be here. Sure it's a good attacker but only with Sky Field. It just doesn't make sense here.

I didn't see any cards that I felt were necessary for the deck that were in Expanded. I first started playing cards in BW, went away for a bit, then came back. Sycamore still feels like Juniper to me, so I usually say Juniper. Either way I feel the deck works in both expanded and standard.

It is not a basic. But you could run Espeon for CANDY Garchomp.

We've actually gone over this in a separate thread, and we haven't received an official ruling yet. While you're correct that it isn't an "evolved" pokemon, Glaceon-EX's attack states "evolution pokemon". According to the current rulebook, "Stage 1 and Stage 2 pokemon are also referred to as evolution cards." An Archie/Maxie'd stage 1/2 would be an unevolved evolution pokemon, thereby making glaceon immune to it.
As I said before though, tPCI may come out with a different official ruling on it, but as it stands now, that's what professors are calling it.

Thing is, the wording pokebeach has for the glaceon is incorrect. As seen here:
the translation is evolution pokemon, and garchomp is an evolution pokemon, but unevolved, so should be affected by the glaceon, but there needs to be a judge ruling on it, and there won't be one yet due to the set not being out yet.
I don't think Archie/Maxie says "this Pokemon counts as a basic Pokemon", so I think evolved Pokemon still count as evolved.

According to my Professor, this is something they have been talking in their back rooms. What I get from him is that Glaceon uses the term "Evolution pokemon" rather than "evolved pokemon" to get around the Archies/Maxies thing.

So Maxie->Garchomp (or anything that doesn't say "Basic" or "Restored") is an evolution pokemon, meaning Glaceon can block it; Maxie-> Garchomp still isn't an evolved pokemon though, so Espeon doesn't just return it straight to your hand.

Don't consider that a ruling yet per se, but that seems to be the consensus.

Another thing-I fail to see the importance of Raichu here. It shouldn't be here. Sure it's a good attacker but only with Sky Field. It just doesn't make sense here.
I only ran it since, if you had 2 Jolteon-EX, 2 Glaceon-EX, and one Octillery, that's 120 damage. I also ran it since it countered Carbink, who otherwise countered this team very well. Umbreon-EX would still take at minimum, 3 hits to kill any Megas, and would need Dark Energy, but since no one else uses it, it wouldn't help anyone else.

*Edit: Also, then why is it in Yveltal-EX decks?

I only ran it since, if you had 2 Jolteon-EX, 2 Glaceon-EX, and one Octillery, that's 120 damage. I also ran it since it countered Carbink, who otherwise countered this team very well. Umbreon-EX would still take at minimum, 3 hits to kill any Megas, and would need Dark Energy, but since no one else uses it, it wouldn't help anyone else.

if you want to counter carbink i suggest the articuno ancient trait from ros. it makes it so you can take two prizes for the carbink and you are already playing water energy and its also a good non ex attacker. i would play one or two in this list instead of raichu

You're missing the point of the card. It isn't supposed to attack until the Mega can be finished off. Raichu doesn't fit here. I know you want it to but Mew is the obvious option here. The deck functions best with Mew/Dimension Valley. Once a lock is established, you have an invincible Mew. Carbink won't stand a chance against Mew.

You're missing the point of the card. It isn't supposed to attack until the Mega can be finished off. Raichu doesn't fit here. I know you want it to but Mew is the obvious option here. The deck functions best with Mew/Dimension Valley. Once a lock is established, you have an invincible Mew. Carbink won't stand a chance against Mew.
Raichu can technically fit into any deck with DCE. But Umbreon-EX needs Darkness Energy, which if drawn into wouldn't help except when Umbreon is out. But if it isn't ready it'll be a sitting duck, and Lysandre bait. Umbreon-EX won't be needed

I think mew is the best way to run the deck. However with mew running around, I believe there will be a resurgence in garbodor and silent lab. Silent lab will be a bit viable with N in the mix. The shay drops won't be as necessary in a lot of decks. Though hyped mew is a big play, in expanded, those cards have always kept mew in check a bit. I can see power and item lock decks going this route to force the ex's to come out play. Once the right garb decks get figured out The format will remain pretty much the same. Ability and item lock will be dominant as always. What they my to say is fate sot of kinda but not really collide.

Because it says "evolves from Gabite" on the card, I think it counts as evolved Pokemon. But that's something to ask a professor I think.
Glaceon says it blocks attacks from EVOLUTION Pokemon. That means even an Archies'd or Maxies'd Pokemon still can't damage Glaceon.

Glaceon says it blocks attacks from EVOLUTION Pokemon. That means even an Archies'd or Maxies'd Pokemon still can't damage Glaceon.

Yes. Weather it is flipped with Maxies or Archies, or just evolves naturally, or is evolved to a mega, or is broken into, which is considered evolving, the way the card reads is evolution's so the cards attack will block anything that is considered evolution's. It is how the professors explained it to me, though I thought at least the breaks from a basic could hit it. Apparently, only basics or restored can hit the pokemon. Good Card.

However, the only evolved cards that can hit the pokemon, are ones in the effect of the attack read put or move. From what I'm understanding from the professors, for example, is that silent fear can still hit glaceon, but tree slam cannot. It is why many professors don't believe the format will change much.

Please correct if I'm wrong, I'm just throwing up recycled information.

Rough seas would be good in the deck. Maybe?

Back