• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon-EX / Jolteon-EX

BOONANA12

Lol Shiny Zard
Hello, This is my idea of a deck with the newer cards Glaceon-EX and Jolteon-EX working together with partner cards to make sure your opponents have a hard time attacking anything.

Pokémon: 13
  • 2 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
  • 2 Pikachu XY 42
  • 2 Raichu XY 43
  • 3 Glaceon-EX FCD 20
  • 2 Remoraid BKT 31
  • 2 Octillery BKT 33
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 2 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
  • 3 Rough Seas PRC 137
  • 2 Dive Ball PRC 125
  • 1 Level Ball AOR 76
  • 1 Super Rod BKT 149
  • 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
  • 3 Professor Sycamore XY 122
  • 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
  • 2 Crushing Hammer EPO 92
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
  • 1 Float Stone BKT 137
  • 2 Lysandre FLF 90
  • 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
  • 1 Town Map BCR 136
  • 2 Muscle Band XY 121
  • 1 Skyla BCR 134
Energy: 12
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy PHF 92
  • 4 Water Energy XY 134
  • 4 Lightning Energy XY 135
Strategy:

You have Jolteon-EX or Glaceon-EX (Depending on situation) to make sure that the only way your opponent can attack is with a Lysandre on something else.
If you have any suggestions, post them! I'll take any advice into consideration!

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
You could add 2 Mew from Fates Collides, as shown in the japanese comercial. That way, you have another non-EX attacker and another type to damage for weakness

camohunter19

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
You could add 2 Mew from Fates Collides, as shown in the japanese comercial. That way, you have another non-EX attacker and another type to damage for weakness
And because it is a Psychic type you could play Dimension valley and all you have to do to attack with Mew is attach a [L] and a [W] and you can use both attacks

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
And because it is a Psychic type you could play Dimension valley and all you have to do to attack with Mew is attach a [L] and a [W] and you can use both attacks
Hello, This is my idea of a deck with the newer cards Glaceon-EX and Jolteon-EX working together with partner cards to make sure your opponents have a hard time attacking anything.

• 2 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
  • 2 Pikachu XY 42
  • 2 Raichu XY 43
  • 3 Glaceon-EX FCD 20
  • 2 Remoraid BKT 31
  • 2 Octillery BKT 33
  • 3 Rough Seas PRC 137
  • 2 Dive Ball PRC 125
  • 1 Level Ball AOR 76
  • 1 Super Rod BKT 149
  • 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
  • 1 Float Stone BKT 137
  • 2 Lysandre FLF 90
  • 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
  • 1 Town Map BCR 136
  • 2 Muscle Band XY 121
  • 1 Skyla BCR 134
  • 4 Water Energy XY 134
Strategy:

You have Jolteon-EX or Glaceon-EX (Depending on situation) to make sure that the only way your opponent can attack is with a Lysandre on something else.
If you have any suggestions, post them! I'll take any advice into consideration!

I believe that the best way to execute this deck would be to use Mew. The card is broken for God's sake! Here are my suggestions for your deck:
-2 Pikachu
-2 Raichu
-3 Rough Seas
-4 Double Colorless Energy
-1 Lightning Energy
-1 Water Energy

+2 Umbreon EX (for quick finishes) FTC
+3 Mew FTC
+2 Dimension Valley PHF
+4 Rainbow Energy BKT
+2 Darkness Energy

camohunter19

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I disagree with the Umbreon addition. I think it takes away from the deck's focus of locking down opponents attackers. And I feel 2 is too little dimension valley. Also upping the Jolteon count would help get one out quicker.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
If its going to be a mew toolbox, add a couple of seismatoad in for a single energy quaking punch.

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
ya, I agree that 4 is the idea number dimension valley, since Mew will be the main attacker.

does anyone think of adding one Espeon EX? the second attack allows Mew to hit everything, so in case of mirror match there's a way to hit through opponent block.

last thing, time puzzle should either be 4 or none at all, 2 doesn't do anything for you

asdjklghty

-------------
Have you ever thought about using Glaceon and Jolteon as partners to Mega Manectric, replacing Regice and Articuno?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
The problem with this deck is it DIES to Maxie's Garchomp (not the biggest problem just putting that out there)

smashandslash2

Aspiring Trainer
The problem with this deck is it DIES to Maxie's Garchomp (not the biggest problem just putting that out there)
First of all, Maxie's Garchomp is super bad. Like, it shouldn't even be a problem because it's so bad. Second, Glaceon EX blocks Garchomp's attacks.

• 2 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
  • 2 Pikachu XY 42
  • 2 Raichu XY 43
  • 3 Glaceon-EX FCD 20
  • 2 Remoraid BKT 31
  • 2 Octillery BKT 33
  • 3 Rough Seas PRC 137
  • 2 Dive Ball PRC 125
  • 1 Level Ball AOR 76
  • 1 Super Rod BKT 149
  • 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
  • 1 Float Stone BKT 137
  • 2 Lysandre FLF 90
  • 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
  • 1 Town Map BCR 136
  • 2 Muscle Band XY 121
  • 1 Skyla BCR 134
  • 4 Water Energy XY 134
Strategy:

Why are you running only 2 Puzzle of Time? Run 4 copies or don't run any at all. Your supporter line also leaves much to be desired. Run N instead of Birch.

BOONANA12

Lol Shiny Zard
Took some of the ideas, here is my updated list.
Pokémon: 16
  • 3 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
  • 2 Pikachu XY 42
  • 2 Raichu XY 43
  • 3 Glaceon-EX FCD 20
  • 2 Remoraid BKT 31
  • 2 Octillery BKT 33
  • 2 Mew FCD 29
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
  • 2 Rough Seas PRC 137
  • 2 Dive Ball PRC 125
  • 1 Level Ball AOR 76
  • 1 Super Rod BKT 149
  • 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
  • 2 N FCD 105
  • 1 Professor's Letter XY 123
  • 1 Lysandre FLF 90
  • 3 VS Seeker PHF 109
  • 1 Town Map BCR 136
  • 2 Muscle Band XY 121
  • 2 Dimension Valley PHF 93
Energy: 10
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy PHF 92
  • 4 Water Energy XY 134
Suggestions I took in mind:
I Added 2 Mew and 2 Dimension Valley. No more just because of Mandibuzz FCD/Trevenant XY (Break too), and b/c then I need to put on FFB to live more than one/two hits depending on who's attacking
No Umbreon because it would completly change the focus of deck. Keeping Raichu as backup attacker
4 Puzzle of Time
I don't know what "Replacing Articuno and Regice" means, because I don't run them. M-Manectric isn't very necessary because I'd need a Spirit Link, then I may draw in it when unnecessary or bad timing.

Last edited:

camohunter19

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I feel like seismetoad is unnecessary and breaks the "lock" of the deck. In that spot you could probably run manaphy-EX or increase your jolteon count, as it is probably better to lead with.

BOONANA12

Lol Shiny Zard
Ok, I'll take toad, and add a Jolteon-EX. A Manaphy-EX could help with retreat and healing, but is Lysandre bait. I only originally ran 2 Jolteon-EX because there are many more evolved threats, (and because it's hard to get) but I agree it's a better lead.

Good Things Jolteon-EX beats
Yveltal (EX)
Darkrai-EX
Raikou/Pikachu EX
Palkia-EX
Wobbuffet
Mew
Pumpkaboo/Joltik
Good Things Glaceon-EX beats
ALL BREAKS
ALL MEGAS
Garchomp
Trevenant
Vespiqueen

camohunter19

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This is the list that I compiled at work:

Pokemon
4 Mew FCD
4 Jolteon-EX GEN
3 Glaceon-EX
2-2 Octillery BKT line
1 Manaphy-EX

Trainers
3 N
4 Juniper
4 VS Seeker
3 Trainers Mail
1 Hex Maniac
2 Lysandre
1 Skyla
4 Max Elixer
4 Puzzle of Time
1 Professor's Letter
3 Dimension Valley
3 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Delinquent
1 Rough Seas

Energy
4 DCE
4 Basic Water
4 Basic Lighting

The idea is to try and start attacking with the locking attacks as soon as possible. That's why 4 Max Elixirs are included. I kind of wanted to include a 1-1 line of Zebstrika BKP because its ability Zap Zone would allow Jolteon to lock down Regice after a Resistance Blizzard. Mew can attack with a Dimension Valley and just two of the energies, which is awesome, and why it deserves a 4-of.

jessalakasam

First of all, Maxie's Garchomp is super bad. Like, it shouldn't even be a problem because it's so bad. Second, Glaceon EX blocks Garchomp's attacks.

Why are you running only 2 Puzzle of Time? Run 4 copies or don't run any at all. Your supporter line also leaves much to be desired. Run N instead of Birch.
No maxie makes it an unevolved pokemon and it's pretty dang good

BOONANA12

Lol Shiny Zard
Ok, I like the list (But maybe a 1-1 Raichu would be good against Carbink), and also, if Maxies Garchomp makes it a basic, then it just gets destroyed even more by Jolteon-EX.

*Edit: Does Using Juniper make it Expanded? I know Sycamore does the same thing, but it has a different name and it's from Black and White.

jessalakasam

Ok, I like the list (But maybe a 1-1 Raichu would be good against Carbink), and also, if Maxies Garchomp makes it a basic, then it just gets destroyed even more by Jolteon-EX.

*Edit: Does Using Juniper make it Expanded? I know Sycamore does the same thing, but it has a different name and it's from Black and White.
1. no Maxie makes Garchomp an unevolved stage 2 pokemon not a basic or evolved pokemon 2. Yes use Sycamore