• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Giratina tank(Any division)

kimhin267

Aspiring Trainer
I just got into pokemon TCG and I was just wondering if my deck I'm trying to build would work. I would appreciate and tips or help I can get.

Pokemon:
2-2 Giratina LVX (Get Loose)
2-1-1 Nidoqueen ( Maternal Comfort)
4 Sableye 48
2-1 Mismagius (2 SF - 1 UL)
2 Uxie
2 Spiritomb LA
1 Unown Q
Total: 20

T/S/S:
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Bebe
1 Premier ball
1 Palmer
4 SSU
1 Expert belt
3 PONT
1 Lux ball
2 Pokemon collector
2 Judge
2 Team Rocket Trickery
1 Warp
2 Seeker
2 Energy search
1 Lucian Assignment
Total: 28

Enegery:
3 Special
3 Double

Strategy:
My strategy is to spread damage around until the pokemon gets KO.
-Starters would either be Sableye or Misdreavus.
-Tank with Giratina LVX and heal with Nidoqueen
-Spiritomb to help with damage spread with the help of seeker to return Spiritomb and setting it again.

RE: Giratina tank(Any)

This deck is not so good. You have lots of trouble, expecially from T-Tar (more and more people are playing) and DGX (still pretty popular).

If you want to play giratina, run it with mew prime and take out spiritomb. Maybe like this:

Giratina 3 - 1 (wrack down or Strafe; Strafe sends to lost zone)
Mew (Prime) x3
Slowking HGSS 2-2
Jumpluff HGSS x1
Machamp SF x1
Uxie LA 2-1 (3 if no X - and X since all psych)
Unown Q MD x1

In my opinion, Nidoqueen is defensive which doesn't play well with Giratina, who is entirely offensive.
Giratina can send pokemon to the lost zone, so use that with Mew and use the attacks with Lost Link (you'll need to max out your rainbows). If Giratina is a fail, you use see off for jumpluff and machamp and use take out and mass attack. Slowking is for disruption which you can pair with Cyrus's Initiative to cause some major frustration.
Hope this helps.

RE: Giratina tank(Any)

You're going to need the Division you're in in the Title as well. Thanks.

dmaster out.

Back