• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Giratina EX / Vileplume / Hydreigon EX

Ghazernado

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 20
  • 3-3-3 Vileplume
  • 4 Giratina-EX
  • 2 Hydreigon-EX
  • 1 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Hoopa-EX
  • 3 Unown
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 AZ
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 4 Giant Plant Forest
  • 2 Roller Skates
  • 3 Shauna
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
Energy: 8
  • 4 DDE
  • 4 DCE
Keep in mind you don't need basic energy because Hydreigon goes through Aegislash.

I would run consider skyla, It will go away but I think it is coming back. Very useful to get that stadium. upping the chances to 5. This is priority 1 to block items turn 1

I would also have a copy of Teammates, It gets those special energies up when you get KO another Pokemon I like in this deck. getting two cards you need over a 4 / 5/ 7 cards random.

I also like 1 wobuffet. he is great to play down and promote after a knock out so you can use items, then AZ him up. But I also run normal energy, as he KO's what Gira didn't 10 + damage is great.

Not sure how you plan to play all those items. I'd play weakness policy over MB. Fairy's tear up this deck

Skyla won't be legal for -AOR tournaments so there is no point in including her in the deck.

I would run a 2nd Shaymin-EX. Shaymin-EX is often crucial for that amazing Turn 1 set up, and a 2nd helps reduce the damage caused by starting one or having one prized.

Druddigon FLF is considerable because it forces a 7 prize game if your opponent doesn't go for Vileplume, can be a floater, and can utilize both DDE and DCE.

Skyla won't be legal for -AOR tournaments so there is no point in including her in the deck.

I would run a 2nd Shaymin-EX. Shaymin-EX is often crucial for that amazing Turn 1 set up, and a 2nd helps reduce the damage caused by starting one or having one prized.

Druddigon FLF is considerable because it forces a 7 prize game if your opponent doesn't go for Vileplume, can be a floater, and can utilize both DDE and DCE.
Would you cut the two Roller Skates to make room for the two Pokemon you mentioned? I am not a big fan of that card.
I also don't like Shauna so much. Even if I did like Shauna, I don't think I would want to run three.
I think cutting the Shauna to 2 and playing 4 AZ might be a better call.
I also think that Bunnelby could be a good one of to get things back, namely stadiums and energy.

Would you cut the two Roller Skates to make room for the two Pokemon you mentioned? I am not a big fan of that card.
I also don't like Shauna so much. Even if I did like Shauna, I don't think I would want to run three.
I think cutting the Shauna to 2 and playing 4 AZ might be a better call.
I also think that Bunnelby could be a good one of to get things back, namely stadiums and energy.
Bunnelby would not fit with this build because you would have to sacrifice a DCE, which are so valuable.

The list has an almost auto loss to Aegislash. You are forced to attack w/ Hydreigon in order to get around it, which wastes energy, removes the lock, and sacrifices the free retreat 2 Hydreigon in play give (assuming you ultimately loose the Hydreigon)
1 or 2 Silent Lab could handle this and pairs well with Giratina's stadium lock.
To make room, You could cut the Hoopa or a Shauna or two.
+ 2 Silent Lab
- 1 Hoopa
- 1 Shauna

Back