• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Giratina EX / Tyrantrum EX / Bronzong

TheDoctor18

Aspiring Trainer
Sup guys, any idea's if giratina, seismitoad tyrantrum metal deck would work? i know it could work in expanded format but how bout in a standard play?

Pokemon:
  • 2-1 Octillary
  • 1 Hoopa EX
  • 2 Giratina EX
  • 2 Seistoad EX
  • 2 Tyrantrum EX
  • 4-3 Bronzong
  • 2 Aegislash EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Judge
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Ace Trainer
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Faded Town
  • 2 Sky Field
Energy
  • 4 Dragon Energy
  • 6 Metal Energy
  • 2 DCE
Strategy:

i currently cant buy any shaymins because no one sells in my country atm =\

Last edited:
First, Archie's should probably go. It's a difficult card to pull off, and with the amount of supporters you run, it seems difficult to thin your hand enough to use it. And besides that, none of your Pokemon absolutely need Archie's. I also think, though this is more of a personal opinion, that you should probably only run Judge or Ace Trainer, and not both. I'd pick Judge, since it's less situational and still disruption. Considering much of your Pokemon have abilities, I wouldn't be running Hex Maniac. In addition, I think one or two Lysandre would be a good thing to have in order to knock out the Pokemon you want to knock out. It's been quite a savior for me in the past.

As a final point, though I know there's a lot of item lock around, I think your supporter count is quite high and you could do well with a few more items. Throwing in a couple of Level Balls to grab your Bronzor, Bronzong, Remoraid, and possibly Octillery would be good, but I can't remember how much HP Octillery has so I'm not sure. A battle compressor or two will help you to be able to actually use your Bronzongs by discarding metal energy.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. A friend of mine is running a similar deck idea; if you'd like, I can take a look at his list and see if there's any other advice I can offer. Hope this helps~

First, Archie's should probably go. It's a difficult card to pull off, and with the amount of supporters you run, it seems difficult to thin your hand enough to use it. And besides that, none of your Pokemon absolutely need Archie's. I also think, though this is more of a personal opinion, that you should probably only run Judge or Ace Trainer, and not both. I'd pick Judge, since it's less situational and still disruption. Considering much of your Pokemon have abilities, I wouldn't be running Hex Maniac. In addition, I think one or two Lysandre would be a good thing to have in order to knock out the Pokemon you want to knock out. It's been quite a savior for me in the past.

As a final point, though I know there's a lot of item lock around, I think your supporter count is quite high and you could do well with a few more items. Throwing in a couple of Level Balls to grab your Bronzor, Bronzong, Remoraid, and possibly Octillery would be good, but I can't remember how much HP Octillery has so I'm not sure. A battle compressor or two will help you to be able to actually use your Bronzongs by discarding metal energy.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. A friend of mine is running a similar deck idea; if you'd like, I can take a look at his list and see if there's any other advice I can offer. Hope this helps~

Pokemon:
  • 2-1 Octillary or 2 or 3 shaymin ex
  • 1 Hoopa EX
  • 2 Giratina EX
  • 2 Seistoad EX
  • 2 Tyrantrum EX
  • 4-3 Bronzong
  • 2 Aegislash EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Judge
  • 2 battle compressor
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 level ball
  • 1 Hex Maniac or Az
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Faded Town
  • 2 Sky Field
Energy
  • 4 Dragon Energy
  • 6 Metal Energy
  • 2 DCE

How about now? I'm still considering about hex maniac whether if I should take her off, some of my friends suggested it saying that she would be good in some situations. I also took your adivice and replaced some supporters w/ items although im still wondering whther or not i should put az in. It would also be a great help if you could take a loost at your friends list and offer some additional advice since I'm not that experienced in making decks, thanks in adnvance! =)

I would say possibly add a rainbow energy or two, reason being I played against a similar deck at my last league challenge and my enchanced hammers made it hard for him to attack with tyrantum, but adding the rainbow gave him opportunities to make up for the fighting energy cost for tyrantrum

Back