GIMP tips needed!

ShayminSky

I see what you did there...
Hello guys. I need some tips on how to make really cool banners and avatars in GIMP. Tutorials would work too. I am trying to make some really cool things, so I can open up a shop. I have tried the tutorial/rescoure thread, but there isnt much there that can be done in GIMP that is shown on there.

Try getting books, or looking at the plentyfull amount in the Fan Creations section. Also, general tips are avoided, since the art style changes everything. Try using feather edges, and using select by color, and inverse when rendering.

well use the wand for rendering, umm i get brushes from deviantart.com, i get font from dafont.com, i get pictures from planetrenders.net..

http://www.youtube.com/user/GimpKnowHow
this guys a genious, his channel will be your dojo, he will be you coach and you will possess great drawing power.

I agree with Shining Meganium. I was about to recommend that until I saw that post. It is where I learned how to do a LOT in GIMP.

bikinijess said:
well use the wand for rendering, umm i get brushes from deviantart.com, i get font from dafont.com, i get pictures from planetrenders.net..

I've never used GIMP but I'm pretty sure that the wand there is like in PS (where it selects all of a certain color). If so, using the wand for rendering is a big no no! It creates choppy edges and just looks bad. I don't know if GIMP has the pen tool or not if it does then use it. It's way better.

Back