Gholdengo, Gimmighoul from Shiny Treasure ex!

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A new Gimmighoul and Gholdengo have been revealed from the Japanese set S4a Shiny Treasure ex, which releases in Japan on December 1st! Most new cards from this set are expected to become part of our own unnamed international Scarlet & Violet 4.5 set when it releases on January 26th.
Gimmighoul – Psychic – HP50
Basic Pokémon
[C] Hide in Treasure Chest: Flip a coin. If heads, during your opponent’s next turn, prevent all damage from and effects of attacks done to this Pokémon.
[C] Ram: 10 damage.
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
Retreat: 1...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m loving the Gimmighoul artwork, I’m not very good at cards but I think that Gholdengi could be useful!

optimal gimmighoul?

The Gimmighoul isn't too bad, 1 retreat and a 50% chance to absorb a hit, but the other 50hp 1 retreat Gimmighoul can call for family to get an extra basic on the bench, which may prove more useful if you're in the situation where you're attacking with Gimmighoul.

That Gholdengo artwork looks amazing! Love seeing new Arita artwork!!
Agreed!

As far as the effect goes, it obviously isn't viable or useful in any way to the Dengo ex deck, sadly. But even from a casual POV, I'm a bit disappointed since I like this genre of card, but I feel like it should be a bit more powerful. Like, this is worse than LOT Blissey (since it requires the energy to be Metal) from 4 years ago.

Maybe this will be seen in a silly Dialga deck due to the first attack?? xP

Imagine this Gholdengo but as ability, with for example “attach up to 2 M energ”. I wish

As far as the better Gimmighoul, this new one really sounds like it would mainly be useful in blocking a hit from Iron Hands early. Losing 1 prize early isn't that bad, but losing 2 prizes that early really sucks for for the trade.

Outside of that, I'd prioritize the Call for Family one. Setup is way more important than losing 1 prize card. If you only have 1 Gimmighoul in play, use the best fit attack to ensure you have at least 1 left next turn, which is usually gonna be Call for Family, unless they have Greninja possible and you also don't have Manaphy. At that point though, you are probably in a losing position either way.

I prefer the Search for Friends Gimmighoul but I‘d anyways skip this set entirely, haven‘t seen anything enticing until now

Doesn't even have the "We are going to beat you to death" art the alt art ex has. Shameful to Mr 1K.

Back