Gholdengo ex, Hoopa ex, and Illustration Rares from “Raging Surf” Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several more cards have just been revealed from Raging Surf, which releases in Japan on September 22nd. We expect the set to be incorporated into Paradox Rift, our November set.
New Illustration Rares and Special Illustration Rares were also revealed! Some of them are of cards previously revealed:

1518_AR064_0458TAMANTA-143x200.jpg

1518_AR065_0311PRASLE-143x200.jpg

1518_AR066_0312MINUN-143x200.jpg

1518_AR071_0717YVELTAL-143x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Hoopa ex - not too bad. We still have Dark Patch to pay the first atk and also an alternative to hit Fighting weak Pokemon, or Roaring Moon wasn't in play yet. Pretty decent if you ask me. 3-4
Gimmighoul/Gholdengo ex - Slurpuff but as an ex. And also a good hard hitter as well. Things like Arceus might gonna appreciate this since it'll be an alternative to Bibarel, or any decks as long as you have Luminous Energy. 3,3/5
Shauntal - this a doable yet risky.... unless you're a Lost Box. If you flip heads, instant win button. If tails, it's another switching cards to smth like Comfey for Flower Selecting then switch to smth like Charizard or Sableye or Giratina to clear the field. 4-5
Lapras - WHY DO THIS THING EXIST? 2
Parasol Lady - bad Lillie. That's all. 2-3
Remoraid/Octillery - another one of these that will never see play at all. First, Bewear. Second, Manectric. Now, this. Knowing the first two's success went downhill, don't expect the same thing to Octillery. 2/2
Plusle/Minun - we've seen Plusle's atk before and seems kinda mid. Ampharos PRIME having this same-like ability. This won't as smth like Gardevoir will accel energy to the discard anyway, and an easy Sableye food. 3/3
Nickit/Thievul - control and mill remains to be dead, so I don't give ducks on those. 3/3

Hoopa ex - not too bad. We still have Dark Patch to pay the first atk and also an alternative to hit Fighting weak Pokemon, or Roaring Moon wasn't in play yet. Pretty decent if you ask me. 3-4
Gimmighoul/Gholdengo ex - Slurpuff but as an ex. And also a good hard hitter as well. Things like Arceus might gonna appreciate this since it'll be an alternative to Bibarel, or any decks as long as you have Luminous Energy. 3,3/5
Shauntal - this a doable yet risky.... unless you're a Lost Box. If you flip heads, instant win button. If tails, it's another switching cards to smth like Comfey for Flower Selecting then switch to smth like Charizard or Sableye or Giratina to clear the field. 4-5
Lapras - WHY DO THIS THING EXIST? 2
Parasol Lady - bad Lillie. That's all. 2-3
Remoraid/Octillery - another one of these that will never see play at all. First, Bewear. Second, Manectric. Now, this. Knowing the first two's success went downhill, don't expect the same thing to Octillery. 2/2
Plusle/Minun - we've seen Plusle's atk before and seems kinda mid. Ampharos PRIME having this same-like ability. This won't as smth like Gardevoir will accel energy to the discard anyway, and an easy Sableye food. 3/3
Nickit/Thievul - control and mill remains to be dead, so I don't give ducks on those. 3/3
Can't dark patch, only works on dark types

Gholdengo is really good, you can play it like the dialga decks with 20 energy without the magnezone, superior retrieval kinda breaks
Ghimmighoul is Psychic too, so you can bring a few basic Psychic energy in tandem with Fog Crystal to either find the ghimmigoul or a P to boost Gholdengos damage. Revavroom also helps the deck draws. I think the potential is definitely there. I love it.

I can't be the only 1 who thinks Shauntal is the most pointless supporter ever printed right, only playable in starter/theme decks, even worse tha draw 3 supporters
Nope I agree. It's Boss's Orders, but you have to flip for it? If you don't succeed then you get a Switch...as your Supporter for the turn.

There will be times where you want one or the other, and the fact you can't guarantee either makes it really bad.

I can't be the only 1 who thinks Shauntal is the most pointless supporter ever printed right, only playable in starter/theme decks, even worse tha draw 3 supporters
Depends the context its not the worst supporter out of context just in standard, I can thing of many formats where it would be a decent or great card.

From a visual standpoint:
Garchomp SIR: 6/10
Mantyke IR: 8/10
Parasol Lady FA: 8/10
Yveltal IR: 15/10
Mantyke is my favourite of them. Yveltal is an extraordinary card, but somehow I don't like looking at it.
And Parasol Lady looks great, but it is such a random card. Like, it looks good, but doesn't really mean anything to me, because it's not a gym leader, main character or anything with a story to it which I associate with it.

It's definitely pretty awful but at least it doesn't actively hurt you when played. At worst you give up your supporter for an Item's effect. I'd argue Lost Origin Riley is much worse since it straight up helps the opponent more than the person who played it 99% of the time.

It's definitely pretty awful but at least it doesn't actively hurt you when played. At worst you give up your supporter for an Item's effect. I'd argue Lost Origin Riley is much worse since it straight up helps the opponent more than the person who played it 99% of the time.
No, it's terrible. If you lose the flip it FORCES you to switch. If you have a free retreater then I guess its fine, but you have a chance to be locked out of your attacker by accident and that doesnt sound very good to me.

Back