Gholdengo ex and Gimmighoul Illustration Rares, Jirachi, and More from “Raging Surf!”

I'm impressed that we've managed to get THIS far into the forum discussion without mentioning how enormously freakin' expensive Rika is about to be. Never mind Rika's playability, fact of the matter is that she's currently (from my POV) second place in popularity behind Iono?

Last edited:
All excited about jirachi , but it doesn't stop mew vunion. Also they can still place on ur active. 70 hp attack isn't good.
Plus we already have a polemon that stops all effects of attacks to all pokemon. Ans it doesn't see play. Ya it's a stage 1. But it has a useful attack
mewtwo vunion isn't a viable card right now. as we've seen with manaphy, although it can be hunted out into the active, having to waste a boss's orders to do that can give the jirachi player an increase in tempo.

the ease of putting down a basic pokemon (that's level ball searchable) versus a stage 1 two-prizer that requires energy attachment onto benched pokemon is also massive.

Have we finally got our good Sableye counter? That Jirachi is very exciting if you are tired of Sableye. Then again, the LB Player can still just use Cramorant to knock it out.

If that Rika allowed you to put any two cards from your hand on the bottom instead of only the ones you see, it'd be on the verge of playable.
I think it would be helpful with some decks as an alternative to Colress.

Ok but like, what about jirachi in LZ. It helps in mirror AND gardi can't use cress. Sign me up

the gimmighoul and gholdengo art is adorable, but also uncomfortably evocative of a certain, shall we say, less than safe for work meme...

I'm impressed that we've managed to get THIS far into the forum discussion without mentioning how enormously freakin' expensive Rika is about to be. Never mind Rika's playability, fact of the matter is that she's currently (from my POV) second place in popularity behind Iono?
Aside from your point of view, what source do you have that Rika is second in popularity? Rika is ok for me, may not have exaggerated figures but she portrays as a professional woman. The full artwork is not really appealing, the focus is more towards her hair rather than her overall look.

Aside from your point of view, what source do you have that Rika is second in popularity? Rika is ok for me, may not have exaggerated figures but she portrays as a professional woman. The full artwork is not really appealing, the focus is more towards her hair rather than her overall look.
That's what I mean, it's MY point of view/opinion. Just as it's your opinion that Rika is just okay. The fact is that there's MILLIONS ("and millions!") of people that absolutely love her, so that Full Art is gonna go places regardless. Arceus help our finances if Rika has an SAR up her rolled-up sleeves! ;)

That's what I mean, it's MY point of view/opinion. Just as it's your opinion that Rika is just okay. The fact is that there's MILLIONS ("and millions!") of people that absolutely love her, so that Full Art is gonna go places regardless. Arceus help our finances if Rika has an SAR up her rolled-up sleeves! ;)
Or adjusting her glove and has a very similar pose of C. Viper from Street Fighter.

Back