Getting back into competition

Pokethan

Purple Lightning
Hello guys. I have been trying to figure out how to get back into competitive TCG after I have been absent for quite some time. Last time I tried to buy trainer staples to get back into competitive pokemon I bought 4 Pokemon Collectors, which I believe are rotated out now, and 4 Pokemon Catchers. So that should give you an idea of where I am out of date. I really don't have any of the new cards as money has always been an issue with spending on the game so I just want to know what some decks I could buy to play competitively that aren't like $100 to build.

I would like to get trainer staples and actual cards to make a deck to play but once again this is on a budget so can anyone suggest what I could do with that in mind? Even if I have to rogue deck it I would love to get to play again because thats when I had fun was just playing the game.

If you've got four Catchers already, you've got the most painful part already. You'll definitely want to pick up sets of Juniper, N, Bianca and Skyla. Regardless of what you're playing, you'll be using most of those.

Blastoise/Keldeo is fairly cheap to build thanks to Blast being in a theme deck and Keldeo being a tin promo now.

Now if I were to pick up the sets of Juniper, N, Bianca, and Skyla are most of those cards in the same set? I saw that Keldeo was in that tin now but I wasn't sure about Blastoise so I am glad that those are pretty easy. Are there any other decks that are easy to build in the current format? I just want to know my options because since I know Keldeo is still such a big deck most people will know how to counter it.

Blastoise is in a Theme Deck? I've been missing out...

EDIT: They are actually all in different sets lol. About $1 each, give or take.

SheNinja said:
Blastoise is in a Theme Deck? I've been missing out...

EDIT: They are actually all in different sets lol. About $1 each, give or take.

Alright because as far as I know I was pretty sure the staple trainers are usually a lot more expensive than the normal cards just because everybody is using them. As long as they aren't like $3 each. lol.

Any other deck ideas besides Keldeo-Blast that don't use UBER expensive Pokemon-EX because I know that since they came back out all the ex cards are like $13 that are used in current decks unless there are promos of them, which luckily Keldeo is. :D

No EX = No Glory

Can't get around that.. You're going to spend around 100 bucks getting a few EXs and as the above posters said. you also need Juniper, Skyla and BrokeN

As I have seen from the decks it seems like EXs are more expensive then they really need to be. Does anyone have a good site that I can buy these cards off of. I usually buy off of Troll and Toad just because their prices are pretty good and I buy more than Pokemon TCG. Anyone have a site to buy cards off of? I would think a Pokemon TCG only website would have better prices than most varied online card shops. Once again if Troll and Toad is good on prices thats fine by me but I was just hoping there was a site that had better prices on Pokemon TCG.

So I have been looking up the best way to build a deck and I think the probable easiest way I could get what I need is to buy the new Keldeo Tins and some of the Blastoise decks since I have actually wanted to try Keldeo since it came out because I love fast, consistent decks. I used to play Kingdra back when that was popular and this is about the same idea. Anyone think this is a bad idea?

Pokethan said:
So I have been looking up the best way to build a deck and I think the probable easiest way I could get what I need is to buy the new Keldeo Tins and some of the Blastoise decks since I have actually wanted to try Keldeo since it came out because I love fast, consistent decks. I used to play Kingdra back when that was popular and this is about the same idea. Anyone think this is a bad idea?
Like you said, you can buy cards or premade popular decks off of Troll and Toad, and then buy some booster packs with cards that are still in rotation. PokeGym currently has a rotation guide that you can use if you want to use some older cards, but you're not sure if they are legal or not.

Alright then. Lastly. I am not sure what to do with all my older cards. I will probably just store them since none of them have any trade value in current format since its BW1 on. So basically I am starting with almost nothing except the few BW1 cards that I already had from that release. Time to unfill my trade binder and get some cards. Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it. If you have any other advice for me just let me know.

If I were you honestly if you haven't built blasteo yet would build plasmaklang because:
a) sort of easy to play

b) Cheap

c) competetive

If you don't know what klinklang decks do they prevent your metal pokemon from being damaged from EX's.

I have tried the verified seller thing before and I don't have a problem with selling those older cards but I thought that people wouldn't buy from you if you weren't a verified seller you kind of were stuck until you became one. How can I tell which cards people would be interested in? I have a few older pokemon EX and Lv.X's but nothing I think people would be too excited about.

EDIT: I saw about PlasmaKlang and I was thinking about building that as well. I will probably make my decision based upon some playtesting after I get some deck lists I am satisfied with.

Most holo's/ultra rares before diamond and pearl can sell decently so if you have any of those they could sell for something.

If you have older cards, from the EX, Gym Heroes and even the Base sets, I would definitely reccommend selling them on eBay.

In order to sell on Pokebeach what exactly do I have to do? I am not sure on the specifics for becoming a verified seller and just want to make sure I don't cause any problems.

You can find all the information on how to become a verified seller here.

And here is where you can find how to set up your own shop.

And here are the trading corner rules, where you make your shop.

To be a verified seller, you must be able to accept PayPal or concealed cash orders (not recommended).
Don't forget to read the rules, and don't rip anyone!

Back