Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has released more information about Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl!
You’ll be able to get Mew in-game if you have save records on your Nintendo Switch from Let’s Go, Pikachu or Eevee. The same for Jirachi if you have save records for Pokémon Sword or Shield. To add them to your team, you can speak to the gentleman and madame in the flower field located on the southwest end of Floaroma Town.

mew-bonus-200x111.png

jirachi-bonus-200x111.png

1110_p06_03-200x113.jpg

1110_p06_01-200x113.jpg

TPCi also announced Ramanas Park, a new facility you can visit after entering the Hall of Fame where you’ll be able to capture Legendary Pokemon.

ramanas_ill-200x141.jpg

Continue reading...

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I'm a pretty regular detractor of the direction the games have gone in terms of world-building. I've usually likened regions like Kalos, Alola, etc. feeling less like 'real-world places' people could live and you could have believable backstories and whatnot, to "Pokémon theme parks" where the entire region, maps, etc. are set up as a sort of on-rails adventure for the protagonist – and everyone is so obsessed with Pokémon such that not only do people not bother to work, play, or discuss anything unless Pokémon are involved, you begin to think people might not even bother to breathe if not for a Wingull flapping oxygen into their lungs.

Someone pointed out to me Ramanas Park is the "theme park" problem of the series taken to its logical extreme – it literally is a theme park and all ideas of worldbuilding, continuity, are thrown out the window in service of your amusement. Never you mind the Pokémon Mansion, Cerulean Dungeon, or even XY's half-hearted reiteration of the latter, show up with the Game Boy Ticket and walk down the one-way corridor to catch Mewtwo on the Mewtwo ride. The GBA ticket similarly phones in Rayquaza for you..

It's been a reiterative problem for a while now, but where ORAS at least gave you the intrigue of Hoopa's rings punching holes into alternate timelines/continuities to rationalize accessing legendaries, and USUM gave you wormholes along similar lines, we're not even pretending anymore. Just show up for a "Dynamax Adventure" or bring your ticket to the park and the legendaries will show up.

Who would've thought this franchise would've managed to drain the excitement of box legendaries et al. so much they'd become as much a tedious chore as collecting Plates in Gen 4, or Mega Stones in Gens 6/7? Miserable.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Having Legendaries in this game is kinda a waste of time,since we have them in Sword and Shield

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Nice one, Pokémon. Way to combat leakers and dataminers that already leaking the game. Well done..

That explains the title screen being completely blank when being leaked days ago

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Remember when Mythical Pokemon and Legendaries where difficult to get and rare?

However, I'll give credit where credit is due, the designs of the slates are a nice touch. I wonder if they'll even bother with the Heatran, Regigas puzzles and just give them to you through WiFi in a special pokeball

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like the slates is also a callback to the dongle feature on the original DS, you could slap the cartridge (I think only the 3rd gen games) on the bottom side and get additional wild pokemon available. Couldn't get legendaries back then, though.

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
I'm a pretty regular detractor of the direction the games have gone in terms of world-building. I've usually likened regions like Kalos, Alola, etc. feeling less like 'real-world places' people could live and you could have believable backstories and whatnot, to "Pokémon theme parks" where the entire region, maps, etc. are set up as a sort of on-rails adventure for the protagonist – and everyone is so obsessed with Pokémon such that not only do people not bother to work, play, or discuss anything unless Pokémon are involved, you begin to think people might not even bother to breathe if not for a Wingull flapping oxygen into their lungs.

I'm fairly certain every pokémon region is like this. In Gen 1 a guy had a single Machop stomp around Vermillion City for years making a footprint for the shop he never built. It seems pokémon society is deeply entrenched in needing pokémon for everything. As for the "theme park" thing being present in newer regions, this park takes the place of Pal Park, which was literally a theme park where you catch pokémon sent up from older game carts (specifically GBA carts). This is mimicking that same thing, just making it only for legendaries. However, I know I sent a ton of legendaries from RuSaE, FrLg, Colosseum, and XD through the original Pal Park in D/P/Pt, so this isn't much different. If anything, the "theme park" legendary atmosphere has been present since Gen III. Every remake game (or definitive version like Emerald or Platinum) tends to shoehorn legendaries from older regions to partially negate the requirement of having to have games and systems from decades ago just to fill the dex.

I feel like the slates is also a callback to the dongle feature on the original DS, you could slap the cartridge (I think only the 3rd gen games) on the bottom side and get additional wild pokemon available. Couldn't get legendaries back then, though.

You still had to plug in the GBA games to transfer legendaries up through Pal Park, so it still works.

Last edited:

Trysten

Aspiring Trainer

Someone pointed out to me Ramanas Park is the "theme park" problem of the series taken to its logical extreme – it literally is a theme park and all ideas of worldbuilding, continuity, are thrown out the window in service of your amusement. Never you mind the Pokémon Mansion, Cerulean Dungeon, or even XY's half-hearted reiteration of the latter, show up with the Game Boy Ticket and walk down the one-way corridor to catch Mewtwo on the Mewtwo ride. The GBA ticket similarly phones in Rayquaza for you..

It's been a reiterative problem for a while now, but where ORAS at least gave you the intrigue of Hoopa's rings punching holes into alternate timelines/continuities to rationalize accessing legendaries, and USUM gave you wormholes along similar lines, we're not even pretending anymore. Just show up for a "Dynamax Adventure" or bring your ticket to the park and the legendaries will show up.

Who would've thought this franchise would've managed to drain the excitement of box legendaries et al. so much they'd become as much a tedious chore as collecting Plates in Gen 4, or Mega Stones in Gens 6/7? Miserable.
We get it, you don’t like Pokémon anymore. Ain’t nobody holding a gun to your head...