• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Gengar ex/toxapex deck

savarin

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck-overzicht ******
##Pokémon - 18
* 2 Carbink FAC 50

* 3 Croagunk STS 58

* 3 Toxicroak STS 59

* 3 Gengar-EX PHF 114

* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89

* 2 Mareanie SM 62

* 2 Toxapex SM 63

* 1 Mew FAC 29

* 1 Keldeo-EX LTR 45

##Trainerkaarten - 32
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 2 Lysandre FLF 90

* 3 Ultra Ball FLF 99

* 3 Virbank City Gym PLS 126

* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102

* 2 N NVI 92

* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

* 3 Float Stone BKT 137

* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72

* 3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

* 2 Level Ball NXD 89

* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energie - 10
* 3 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

* 5 Psychic Energy GEN 79

* 2 Fighting Energy GEN 80

Totaal aantal kaarten - 60

****** Deckoverzicht gegenereerd door Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This deck uses gengar-ex as the main attacker with his Dark corridor attack that does 60 damage to the opponent pokemon + poisoning it and let gengar switch with a pokemon on the bench. the purpose is to contiuesly attack with dark corridor and switch to a carbink or toxicroak dependend if the opponent uses EX's or not.
Carbink has the ability that EX pokemon can't do any damage or effects on it. Toxicroak has a similar ability that ignore the damge from your opponent pokemon if the active pokemon from the opponent is poisoned.

Keldeo is used as a tech combined with float stone to rush in and free retreat to gengar. hoopa ex is used to search for gengar and keldeo at the beginnig of the game.

Toxapex is a new addition to this deck due to his ability "toxic spikes" that gets the active pokemon poisoned when the opponent switch his active pokemon with one from the bench. This give a higher chance that the oppont gets poisoned and increases the efficiency of this deck.

Trainer cards
I use virbank to increase the damage that the pokemon recieve from poison. float stones are primarly for keldeo but can be used for other pokemons when my ability's get shut off.
level ball for the 90hp or less pokemon that this deck use a lot.
ultra ball for hoopa ex or gengar or keldeo or ny other pokemon in late game.
deliquent and hex manaic are used as a one off in this for some occasions

energy
DCE and psychic is used for gengar.
fighting is used for toxicroak if it's really necessary.

This deck runs very smooth and is set up at T2 or even T1 if i'm lucky with trainers mail and max elixir.
the only downside(s) are the low damage output and that this deck dem-pends a lot on ability's.
Are there any things that an be improved or that i have overlooked? Let me know ;)

Back