• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gengar-EX / Crobat / Wobbuffet

SirKnight

Securing the win
Pokemon: 18
  • 4 Gengar-EX
  • 2 Zubat
  • 2 Golbat
  • 2 Crobat
  • 1 Skrelp
  • 1 Dragalge (Flash Fire 71/106)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
  • 2 Wobuffett
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 28
  • 4 Robo Substitute
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Shauna
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Ace Trainer
  • 4 Muscle Band
Energy: 14
  • 8 Psychic Energy
  • 2 Mystery Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

This is my main deck...

Could you please tell us what your strategy is so that we can better help you? For instance, I'm thinking that the bats aren't necessary, but I would like to know why you included them.

I too run a similar deck; and from my experience, I've found that:
  • The 1-1 Dragalge was not consistently available (really need 2-2 line);
  • Dragalge's Ability was nullified when Wobbuffet was promoted to the active position after using Gengar's Dark Corridor attack;
  • Level Balls help a lot to get the Zubats and Golbats out;
  • AZ is another important Supporter to help reuse the Bats;
  • Dimension Valley is really, really good in this deck; and
  • Robo Substitue (if it can be played) was not that great - most good players can easily circumvent this "wall."
I'd suggest the following deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Gengar EX - 3 should be sufficient, IMO
-1 Skelp
-1 Dragalge
-4 Robo Substitute
-4 Psychic
-1 Ace Trainer (or Muscle Band)

+1 Wobbuffet - more important to nullify opponent's Pokémon Abilities vs. walling with Robo Substitute, IMO
+1 Zubat
+2 AZ
+3 Level Ball
+2 Mystery - helps reduce Retreat cost
+3 Dimension Valley - helps reduce attack energy requirement

Lastly, incorporating 2 Float Stones, to easily get the Wobbuffet out of the active position, would also be helpful. But, at this point, it's more a personal (vs. objective) preference to remove 2 cards.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I also run a deck similar to this. I agree that dragalge does not seem to fit as much as planned. Also it has been said that AZ is good for this, I disagree, for AZ discards sub at and crib at and only gives you crowbat back. So I would make these changes.
-1 Gengar (3 should suffice)
-1 skrelp
-1 dragalge
-1 shaymin
-2Ace Trainer
-1 Muscle band
-2 psychic
+1 wobuffet
+4unknown
+1 Bridget
+1 float stone

I also run a deck similar to this. I agree that dragalge does not seem to fit as much as planned. Also it has been said that AZ is good for this, I disagree, for AZ discards sub at and crib at and only gives you crowbat back. So I would make these changes.
-1 Gengar (3 should suffice)
-1 skrelp
-1 dragalge
-1 shaymin
-2Ace Trainer
-1 Muscle band
-2 psychic
+1 wobuffet
+4unknown
+1 Bridget
+1 float stone
Note: when you target a Pokemon with AZ, you can pickup the entire Pokemon "stack" (attached cards are discarded) should there be a basic, Stage 1, and/or Stage 2. So, those recovered Bats can be replayed immediately if appropriate bench resources are available. Hence, AZ is very,very good when running Bats in a deck.

Back