• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gengar BKP / Crobat

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
I am trying to play in advance tournaments. Up until now the only tournaments I have played in were pre-releases and I would like to play more competitvely. I am hoping most of the cards I am using are still good for the new format, but any insight would be appreciatted.

Monsters: 23
Gastly 3-3-3 (BPT)
Zubat 3-3-3 (PHF)
1x Gengar EX (PHF)
2x Shaymin EX (ROS)
2x Wobbufet (pHF) Mainly for first turn to stall opponent from using Shaymin

Trainers: 30
4 Professor Sycamore
1 Lysandre
1 Wally (Speeds up getting Gengar)
4 level balls
4 VS Seeker
2 Trainer mail
1 AZ
2 Float Stone
1 N
1 Skyla
1 Shauna
3 Dimensional Valley
2 Max Potion
2 Ultra Ball
1 Super Rod

Energy: 8
8 Psychic Energy

I would like to add more trainer mail i know there are some to take out just not sure which i should. The goal of the deck is to deal 3 damage counters via gengar EX and zubat evolutions and use Gengar's creep show to KO monsters. With the final evolutions having no retreat costs it helps to swithc back and forth and have float stones just in case if Gengar EX is stuck out or haunter. Thanks for any insight.

Playing two different Stage Two lines is daunting enough on it's own especially when most have abilities that trigger from being played from the hand so Rare Candy isn't the easy pick-me-up for it.

Ninja Boy, a new card from Steam Siege can swap out a Shaymin after you play it safely into the deck for another basic slipping them back in for another use or if anything not being sniped. As nice as Gengar EX is I think you should cut it as you can add in another trainer card instead You have plenty of bench options as is. Also if you expect any Greninja decks you will get locked down hard without Pokemon Ranger.

I'd advice putting it battle compressors to discard your tech supporters as long as you want to play the full Crobat line. You're not aiming for the deck for rotation yet so you should take advantage of all your VS Seekers while you can.

I would have the ball sets at 3-3 as Level can't grab the majority of your deck.

Thanks for the info, I will look into ninja boy, with summer class I did not get a chance to really look into steam siege, is there anything in the set that potentially would be a good play? I will also look into adding battle compressors. Anyone else with some insight would be greatly appreciatted.

Gengar is actually from BKT, not BKP.
I don't see why you included Gengar EX. It's not necessary to your strategy, neither is Wobbuffet, unless you scrap the Gengars and bump up your Wobbuffet/Crobat line. But that would change your deck entirely.

Unfortunately the Crobat Line and Gengar-EX will rotate next format

I always wanted to make a Gengar/Crobat deck but somehow it just doesn't work well, we lost Crobat but we still have Golbat line, but I think losing Dimension Valley would take Gengar down a lot

Wow did not realize PHF was rotated out. Is there a deck along these lines i could still play for next format?? Would love any help, again did not expect PHF to go out which affects it for sure. Alos could you let me know what staple trainers are being rotated out?

Last edited:
Back