'Generations' Set List Discussion

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Welcome back guys! We got a ton of information today about the new Pokemon 20th anniversary collection 'Generations' and its as large if not larger than some main Pokemon card sets so I figured it deserved its own set list discussion like the main sets.

'Generations' will contain 110+ cards, 83 in the main set and an additional 32 in a second Radiant Collection (similar to the Legendary Treasures set at the end of BW-era). So lets start out with what is known, and the discussion will be completely open to cards that you would like to see or what we can expect to see.

'Generations Main set'
  1. Venusaur-EX
  2. M Venusaur-EX
  3. Caterpie
  4. Metapod
  5. Butterfree
  6. Paras
  7. Parasect
  8. Tangela
  9. Pinsir
  10. Leafeon-EX
  11. Charizard-EX
  12. M Charizard-EX
  13. Ninetales-EX
  14. Ponyta
  15. Rapidash
  16. Magmar
  17. Blastoise-EX
  18. M Blastoise-EX
  19. Shellder
  20. Cloyster
  21. Krabby
  22. Magikarp
  23. Gyarados
  24. Vaporeon-EX
  25. Articuno
  26. Pikachu
  27. Raichu
  28. Jolteon-EX
  29. Zapdos
  30. Zubat
  31. Golbat
  32. Slowpoke
  33. Ghastly
  34. Haunter
  35. Gengar
  36. Jynx
  37. Meowstic-EX
  38. Diglett
  39. Dugtrio
  40. Machop
  41. Machoke
  42. Machamp
  43. Geodude
  44. Graveler
  45. Golem
  46. Golem-EX
  47. Hitmonlee
  48. Hitmonchan
  49. Rhyhorn
  50. Clefairy
  51. Clefable
  52. Mr. Mime
  53. Meowth
  54. Persian
  55. Doduo
  56. Dodrio
  57. Tauros
  58. Snorlax
  59. Clemont
  60. Crushing Hammer
  61. Energy Switch
  62. Evosoda
  63. Imakuni?
  64. Maintenance
  65. Max Revive
  66. Olympia
  67. Pokeball
  68. Pokemon Center Lady
  69. Pokemon Fan Club
  70. Red Card
  71. Revitalizer
  72. Shauna
  73. Team Flare Grunt
  74. Double Colorless Energy
  75. Grass Energy
  76. Fire Energy
  77. Water Energy
  78. Lightning Energy
  79. Psychic Energy
  80. Fighting Energy
  81. Darkness Energy
  82. Metal Energy
  83. Fairy Energy
'Radiant Collection 2'
  1. Chikorita
  2. Shroomish
  3. Charmander
  4. Charmeleon
  5. Charizard
  6. Flareon-EX
  7. Snorunt
  8. Froslass
  9. Raichu
  10. Dedenne
  11. Wobbufett
  12. Gulpin
  13. Jirachi
  14. Espurr
  15. Meowstic
  16. Yveltal
  17. Flabebe
  18. Floette
  19. Swirlix
  20. Slurpuff
  21. Sylveon-EX
  22. Diancie
  23. Swablu
  24. Altaria
  25. Fletchling
  26. Crown of Flowers
  27. Wally
  28. Flareon-EX (FA)
  29. Pikachu (FA)
  30. Gardevoir-EX (FA)
  31. M Gardevoir-EX (FA)
  32. Sylveon-EX (FA)
Prospective cards for the main set: Golem-EX, Leafeon-EX, Meowstic-EX, Audino-EX, M Audino-EX, Shaymin-EX

Radiant Collection 2 is complete!

Interesting fact: no Crobat reprint and the Radiant Collection 2 stuck all of the FA's at the very end unlike the Pokekyun collection its based on, so a slightly different numbering for the cards but the same cards are included.

The entire set list is complete! Congrats everyone!

Last edited:
-is reining in hype for eeveelution-ex-

No but seriously I'm making a deck out of these, it will most likely be casual; but you know... eevee.

I'm kinda glad to see Sylveon EX. Definently glad to see a fire M. Charizard EX, I love seeing all the types.

I am hoping for other alternate stuff in these things.

-is reining in hype for eeveelution-ex-

No but seriously I'm making a deck out of these, it will most likely be casual; but you know... eevee.
I love the Eeveelution EX's, all that is missing is Glaceon-EX for the whole set.

I'm kinda glad to see Sylveon EX. Definently glad to see a fire M. Charizard EX, I love seeing all the types.

I am hoping for other alternate stuff in these things.
Were getting a normal type M Audino-EX. Was really hoping for a fairy-type to mega evolve from the normal type Audino-EX. I wonder if we will see any fighting type Diancie.

Wish they'd make textured full arts outside of sets again, with the subset or as promos, like they did with Giratina and Darkrai BW 74 and 73.

For one thing, all the full art promos they had in the Pikachu and Hoopa collection boxes had horrible edgewear, to the point I had to blow the gold shavings off the card.

These appear to be made the same as those, however since they are in packs maybe the edges won't be stripped.

PS, Maybe they're saving Glaceon for XY11, I believe Black and White had 11 sets.

Yeah I saw the normal type M. Audino EX. I too was hoping for a fairy type and hope they remedy that. I don't see that happening in the Generation packs or Radiant Collection though. Of course I'd be just as happy getting a poison type Vileplume, we've never had one of those. The last Oddish/Gloom we had was like in Great Encounters I think.

The good eeveelutions exs will be Umbreon/Espeon and every other except from Jolteon. I really like the artwork that has been released, MCharizard is very similar to Camerupt

Sylveon is one of, if not IS my favorite 6th Gen Pokemon! I so happy it's getting a new card, let alone an EX! I'm going to try and get that card IMMEDIATELY!
Seriously though, there are only 2 Sylveon Cards Right Now...(A Promo and Furious Fists) WE NEED MORE!

These cards are beautiful... I am excited to see what the rest of the set looks like! When I finish my Ancient Origins set, I will definitely complete this one :D

Does Generations count as XY10 expansion, or is it separate? Also, is this a first to have 2 expansions being released in the same month?

Does Generations count as XY10 expansion, or is it separate? Also, is this a first to have 2 expansions being released in the same month?

Generations will be more like a promo set, it is not an actual main expansion. And it will not be released like other sets. You will be able to collect the booster from promo boxes, and not a booster box. So releasing two main expansions in one month is not correct.

Yeah I saw the normal type M. Audino EX. I too was hoping for a fairy type and hope they remedy that. I don't see that happening in the Generation packs or Radiant Collection though. Of course I'd be just as happy getting a poison type Vileplume, we've never had one of those. The last Oddish/Gloom we had was like in Great Encounters I think.
Legends Awakened i think, but STILL....

Oh my, looking forward to the Eeveelutions in this set! I'm trying to save up for Breakpoint, but now I've seen this list (or at least, a part of) it's really tempting me to also get something from this..

I think that this set is pretty small for celebrating the 20th Anniversery of Pokemon. I mean, 20 YEARS! Make an Aquopolis!

uh we got 1 in bounders crossed

Generations will be more like a promo set, it is not an actual main expansion. And it will not be released like other sets. You will be able to collect the booster from promo boxes, and not a booster box. So releasing two main expansions in one month is not correct.

I heard from a pokemon offfical thatthere will in deed be a generations boosterbox #shaymin hype

Last edited by a moderator:
Back