Generation 5 only Trick Room Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
This team is my attempt at building a generation 5 only Trick Room team. I'm trying not to use stat boosting moves so I can get in more attacks before TR wears off. Another goal of mine is to not re-use types. Naturally all Pokemon have 0 Speed IVs.
The Team
Spr_5b_579_s.png

Reuniclus@Leftovers
Nature:Relaxed(+Defense, -Speed)
Ability: Regeneration
EVs: HP:252/ATK:0/DEF:4/SPA:252/SPD:0/SPE:0
-Trick Room
-Psychic
-Recover
-Shadow Ball
Description: This is my set-up-er. I considered Musharna, but I decided with this blob because of it's access to Recover over Moonlight and abilities. I considered using both but I don't want to reuse types. I might use Overcoat if SandStorm teams become too much of a problem(SS being one of the reasons I'm using the blob over Musharna), but currently Regeneration seems more helpful. Now that I think of it, I could invest those Special Attack EVs in to Defense and Special Defense.
Spr_5b_526.png

Gigalith@Balloon
Nature: Sassy(+SPD, -SPE)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: ATK:252/DEF:4/SPA:0/SPD:252/SPE:0
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion
Description: SR was included as filler. Probopass2.0 here is really just a standard sweeper. I considered Abaguora as an alternative but opted with Probopass2.0 because of a higher attack stat, lower speed, and a lack of a 4x(or 3x with Solid Rock) weakness.
Spr_5b_604.png

Shibirudon @Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Quiet(+SPA, -SPE)
EVS:HP:252/ATK:0/DEF:0/SPA:252/SPD:4/SPE:0
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-HP Ice
Description: Luckily for me 0 Speed IVs gives me HP Ice, which is exactly what I needed to counter Mons like Gliscor, Garchomp, and Salamence. Flamethrower is great because my opponents always love to switch in Nattorei on this guy. If any of you have suggestions for a mixed set, I'd love to hear them, but until then I'll go with a high HP and Special Attack set.
Spr_5b_534_s.png

Roobushin @Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Brave(+ATK, -SPE)
EVs: HP:252/ATK:252/DEF:0/SPE:0/SPD:4/SPE:0
-Drain Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Taunt
-Stone Edge
Description: I considered a Guts set, but decided against it in favor of longevity. If you think Guts would be better than I will use it, but this movepool is here to stay.
Spr_5b_598.png

Nattorei @Rugged Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Brave( +ATK, -SPE)
EVS: HP:0/ATK:252/DEF:4/SPA:0/SPD:252/SPE:0
-Power Whip
-Gyro ball
-Leech Seed
-Explosion/Toxic/Substitute
Description: I was originally going to use Shubby, the Bug/Steel knight, but opted for Natty because of movepool. I'm unsure of whether I want to use a SubSeed set, Toxic, or use Explosion as a last resort. I plan on using a Rugged Helmet combined with his ability to harm my opponent when he/she tryes a Physical move and invested more EVs in SPD for when they try a Special move.
Spr_5b_621.png

Crimgan @Rugged Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature:Brave(+ATK, -SPE)
EVS:HP:0/ATK:252/DEF:128/SPA:0/SPD:128/SPE:0
-Outrage
-EQ
-Fire Fang
-Crunch
Description: Again, I'm trying to take advantage of his ability similarly to Natty.I might consider using Mold Breaker if Levitate and Intimidate become a problem.

Well, that's about it. Comment and rate away.

RE: VGC 2011 Trick Room Team

Just one glaring problem: Generally, VGC Teams have Item Clause, so you'll need to remove two Leftovers and one Rugged Helmet. I'm not too great with Trick Room Teams, so I can't help you much other than that. I would, however, suggest you use Zuruzukin in place of Nattorei, seeing as his support moves don't work nearly as well in Doubles. Zuruzukin can learn Fake Out, so bring it to the front of the team so that Rankurusu has an easier time getting up Trick Room. Obviously give it a 0 Speed IV. I'd also recommend another TR user with Rankurusu for later, but I'm not sure which one is best.

EDIT: Regeneration on Rankurusu is a no. Switches don't happen often in Doubles, so Magic Guard is much better to protect from Weather and Status Problems as well as other indirect damage. This'll help it survive that first turn and get TR up with even less of a problem.

I never once said doubles.^
I said that I don't want to re-use types, so Roobushin and Zuko-whatever wouldn't work for that goal.
EDIT: If double is a requirement for VGC(which to my knowldge, it's not) then this will just be a fifth generation only themed team.

^OKay then, that was a mistake on my part. I'll edit the title now.

First off, Crimgan should hold a life orb. 120 base attack may seem decent, but the defences on some pokemon nowadays are ridiculous. So life orb is must, considering he has no stat moves. If recoil is just too unappealing, choice band alright. I think more trick room support is a necessity unless you can win 5 turns.

Anyway, solid team, 8.5 out of 10. It hope it's good for ya at VGC.

I'll try the LO, but I feel that the Choice Band would require too much switching.
This team is really more of an experiment then an actual attempt at winning a tournament.

Please don't revive topics that are older than 2 weeks unless you have something useful to add. RMTs you probably shouldn't revive at all, since a team that is this old (6ish months?) Probably isn't being used any more.

*locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back