Gen 6 OU Team

lucariopulse333

BIDE! BIDE! BIDE! BIDE! BIDE!
Hey guys, I am entering a tournament with this team on Saturday and I was hoping if I could get some feedback before I do. Please bare in mind that Mega Blaziken and Gengar are legal as well.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Toxic ( Replaced Hidden Power [Ground] as toxic works better)
- Wish
- Protect

My special wall on my team. Moonblast is great STAB and could get a special drop for more walling. Toxic is great for damage and Wish and Protect work well together for healing itself and its teamates and stalling for Toxic.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Trevenant is a very good leech seed staller and a great wall. It can take a hit, will-o-wisp the target, sitrus berry all the time and leech seed for more health. Horn Leech is just there for a nice attacking move that heals him up when he has the chance to.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake/Shadow Claw
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

One of the most overpowered megas out there, Kangaskhan wreaks havoc everywhere. Fake Out is there to deal some extra damage and break subs on frail Pokemon. Power-Up Punch grants him a swords dance + damage. Sucker Punch is great priority that hits Aegislash hard and Shadow Claw is good for coverage, but so is Earthquake.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum (Replaced Waterfall due to space for Bell Drum, still the same coverage)
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Now like I said before, Blaziken is legal so it is going to be a problem. Azumarill is the perfect counter for it as Blaziken cannot get ThunderPunch yet. Play Rough and Waterfall are nice STAB moves, Aqua Jet is a great priority move to kill Blaziken and Superpower is there for extra coverage. The Sitrus Berry is there to make Azumarill go to 75% HP after a Belly Drum so it is substantially healthy. 248 HP means an even number so Sitrus Berry will always work

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed

Arcanine is a great asset to my team and does very well. It has nice bulk so it can take a hit and if the opponent switches, Arcanine can put a large dent in almost anything. Flare Blitz is great STAB while Extreme Speed is a great priority +2 move. Close Combat and Wild Charge are good coverage.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Sp.A/ 4 Sp.D/ 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Hydreigon is so underated this generation due to its x4 fairy weakness, but it still does extremely well. Draco Meteor is an amazing STAB attack that dents anything, but can leave you open for set up fodder while you switch. Dark Pulse is a nice STAB too while Fire Blast hits Steels hard and Flash Cannons hit Fairies when I know I can beat them *looks at a Carbink with some damage*.

So that's my team! Feedback plus suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :D
ALSO: I managed to go X-0 in the rounds of Swiss with this exact build and I was in the top 4 cut. I managed to get to the finals and beat the current champion, so I am now champion at my locals and I got first prize! This team is so good! :D

PAST POKEMON:
Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

TalonFlame is a very decent Pokemon, but I am not too sure what to make of it. It has great Priority and ok power, but it can be knocked out by itself so easily, with both STAB moves dishing out recoil (but decent damage nonetheless) and the Life Orb taking away 10% HP. U-Turn is there for scouting and Swords Dance is nice to have but I rarely use it.
Replaced due to the fact that I had no spinner and I could not find a space for one

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Bomb

My special tank of the team. Goodra takes special moves like a boss and wipes them out with its great special attack! Dragon Pulse is a great STAB move and Fire Blast is great for coverage. Ice Beam is there for more coverage and Sludge Bomb can dish out damage to fairies when they switch.
Replaced due to the fact that it was not doing well at all and I did not need Florges and Goodra, Florges is doing better.

One big issue i'm seeing that's just jumping right out at me is this:

My special wall on my team.

My special tank of the team.

What I would recommend replacing would be the Florges, now right now I see a Defensive wall and a Special Wall, you don't need 2 of either as one of each lets you rotate walls. So here's what I would recommend and that would be a mixed wall to replace Florges (you could replace Goodra, but Florges gives you leftovers options). A great mixed wall would be:

598.png

@leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed/Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

This not only gives you some balance, but also some hazards which I see as a gaping hole in your team.

Other Sugggestions:
Instead of EQuake on Kangashkahn run Return. Stab and more powerful.
If you decide to run Florges replace HP ground with Toxic
CONSIDER an Azumarill set like this:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Belly Drum

Of course this would force you into a Sitrus Berry so then double item with Trevanant would be an issue.
All in all it is your team.

^ That was my plan. I can use Kangaskhan even more and he is probably the most annoying mega out there. If I was to get a Ferrothorn, I would be replacing Goodra. Florges and Trevennant are vital to the team but Goodra seems to be doing the worst. I could use a rocky helmet on it for more residual damage. But there are 2 problems in doing so. First is that I will have 2 weak to fire and 2 that resist it, and Talonflame can't afford to take hits so that effectively makes it 1. Second problem is that only one Pokemon on my team will be utilising special attacks so physical walls will mess me over.

So would a Hydreigon maybe work in my favour? I have a perfect Timid one so I am not sure whether or not it could work.

lucariopulse333 said:
So would a Hydreigon maybe work in my favour? I have a perfect Timid one so I am not sure whether or not it could work.
Life Orb HA Alakazam (Dazzling Gleam) says 'No'... as does every other pokemon carrying a fast fairy move :/

Then I will switch it out. I have replaced Goodra with Hydreigon and TalonFlame with Arcanine. I will edit it later (Cloyster kills this team)

I won my locals with this team and now I am champion there, wooooooo! :D

Back