• Yes

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters

Soul

Urusai Urusai Urusai
Hey peoples,

I playtested a lot of decks the last weeks for cities (Luxray, Gliscor, Salamence, Flygon etc.) all setup decks, till I finally stopped looking at GeChamp, I found out that it's consistency is great, it has an awesome SP matchup (All my other decks failed against SP) and it's almost as fast as other decks like Speedill, Kingdra or SP Variants. Since Spiritomb will be around I tried it with 3 Candy/3BTS, 2 Candy/4BTS an 4 Candy/2BTS, what do you think is best? Also, Gengar Lv.X, yes or no? Should I add some techs, Relicanth of course, but besides that I thought of adding 1-0-1 Alakazam MT, basically against Unown G, but it seems to be nice against others, too, but it'll slow down the deck badly. So, what do you guys think, please let me know you opinion!

-Soul Seeker

GeChamp is ALWAYS a good choice. Its fast, and its consistent, and it stands up to decks very well. Also, it totally destroys SPs. Its build is a little tricky, but overall its fast and effective.

I don't know about your area, but SP's are almost entirely dead where I'm at, due to Spiritomb. The only really playable SP is Dialga, and that can be handled by a lot of different decks that have better matchups against the rest of the metagame than Gechamp does. It's just way too frail of a deck, has little synergy, and gets totally destroyed by Unown G. It doesn't really use either attacker to its full potential (Gengar/Queen or Flygon/Champ).

GeChamp is inconsistent, try getting your Baltoy or Claydol, Bright Looked turn 2. Its good in practice but once Claydol is killed your dead.

Absolutely understood. Gengar Mirror decks pick off Claydol, and I approve what gengar the baller and Darkartisan said. WAY too much reliability on the Claydol.

gengar the baller said:
GeChamp is inconsistent, try getting your Baltoy or Claydol, Bright Looked turn 2. Its good in practice but once Claydol is killed your dead.
Didn't I do that 2 you once when I played your mother gengar.

BTW Gechamp is like everybody said inconisitant and is just something to say hay let me try to make you think you are going to lose because I have so many eveloutions out unpowered and easily beaten. I don't like playing against GeChamp because in FL they have so many because of them winning states. Just make sure they don't go up against a shuppet deck lol.

T

If you want a fast and consistent deck, there are better choices like Kingdra, Beedrill and the works. Flygon is also pretty dang good vs SP. GeChamp may be good against SP, but it does rather horrible against several other popular and even less popular decks like Gyarados, Beedrill, Charizard, basically anything that evolves and doesnt fully rely on powers.

It's solid to go 3-1 or 3-2 or 4-1 at tournaments, just don't expect to win any.
You are almost guaranteed at least one bad start and one or two bad matchups at a tourney.
Or just have a day when you're flipping tails, so if you just want to come in T4 one of the best choices around, if you want to win try something else.

GeChamp is the best choice! Always because even when there aren't any SP pokemon you still have Gengar with Fainting Spell and it's other moves that like KO's the bench (Shadow Room). I been testing it with Gengar Lv.X, but it seems less consistent when ever I use it.

Also, post a deck list I'm pretty sure I can help fix it up or you can look at my deck list I posted.

It is a solid deck choice yet a tad slow. If you can maintain a good T2 or T3 with it then sure go with it. If not I suggest against it in this speedy format. It also depends on your meta, what is it?

When I ran this for Regionals I had more bad starts than good starts. The only reason I ran it was because the only seemingly bad matchup was Gengar which hadn't seen any play in Seniors for my area. I just pulled out a mediocre setup most games and the matchups and some luck were enough for me to win. Now there are too many evolution decks. There are also better SP counters now that Dialga isn't the focus of any SPs.

Well Brawler is thinking of using Dialga G for Cities, of what I'm hereing^.

There are bad and sometimes good starts. It just needs the right hand to get the deck going.

Back