• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garodor/Sableye

Roarkiller

Aspiring Trainer
So this is an extension of Hammertime that I created for fun, wasn't supposed to win, but actually turned out to be pretty darn good. I went 2-5 at my last regionals where 4 of the games I lost are due to time. I edited the deck list a bit, so here's the most recent version:

(11)
3 sableye DRX
4 trubbish NVI
2 garbodor (garbotoxin)
1 garbodor (biosmog)
1 landorus EX

(10)
4 dark
4 prism
2 fighting

(39)
4 juniper
3 N
1 Colress
2 skyla
2 cheren
1 bicycle
1 random receiver

3 ultra ball
2 level ball
3 catcher
3 switch
3 crushing hammer
1 enhanced hammer
2 HTL
1 virbank
3 rescue scarf
2 dark claw
1 super rod
1 dowsing machine

The strategy is simple yet convoluted. Garbodor shuts down any form of acceleration save trainer-based ones, and sableye hammers away at the energies. Lasers are there for the damage output, because a lack of damage is the sole reason I kept losing on time, even when I was clearly winning. Dark claw + laserbank turns sableye into a 90-per turn heavy hitter. Biosmog garbodor acts as an optional attacker and unlimited hammer if sableye is unavailable. Landorus EX finishes the lineup as the cheapest way to snipe for prizes with catcher lock.

Like any hammer-based deck, it's obviously luck based, but garbodor slows the game enough (hopefully) to make it happen. The biggest problem is actually getting garbotoxin up and running ASAP, which is pretty much the same as any garbodor deck out there.

Back