• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gardy/ Diantha

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
@Chicken Nugget Master here you go

Here's the list:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-UJVvb3eSZgdzWtVxvc-NWqfbNu5x27M/view?usp=drivesdk

I only play the 1 Kirlia because you only ever need it in emergencies where you can't find Rare Candy, or when you have a Gardy up and running already and you're setting up to use Diantha for stuff back if it's damaged.

I play 4/0 Gardy Gallade split because of how important Diantha is to the strategy. This is a new Gardy sub-archetype, so it's not supposed to do what Brokenvoir did. It's supposed to set up as consistently as possible(which is why there's 2 Octillery, since it's very, VERY important the the deck's core consistency) and blow shit up. If one Gardy goes down and you don't have another one set up, there's where Diantha comes in. Diantha lets you consistently stream Gardevoirs with big Energy, and it works best when you draw your Gardevoirs, hence another reason for 4.

Clefairy is the perfect candidate for a tech in here. It goes down easy, so it's an immediate trigger for Diantha, and out of all of the baby Fairy tech cards I could think of, Clefairy does the most. Against decks that can actually go toe-to-toe against Gardevoir and get consistent knockouts(usually Buzzwole, Dusk Mane, Ultra Necro, and Ho-oh-GX), Clefairy gets to trade 2 prizes for 1. Then you trigger Diantha, and you set up big Gardys.

As you probably noticed, I bring up Diantha a lot. It's very important to the deck, and because it synergizes well with discarding cards, chances are with 4 Ultra Ball and 3 Sycamore, they'll get discarded, which is why I play this high of a count. If you're wondering why I'm playing so many draw cards(like, specifically), it's because the deck only works if you can set up a Gardy to begin with. In my early testing, whiffing the T2 Gardevoir was the only thing that caused any problems. Now it's as small of a problem as it can get. I was(and still am) debating 1-2 cop is of Timer Ball just for the sake of hitting Octillery and Gardevoirs more often, but the coin flip is a big turnoff.

Enjoy the list ;)

How are you going to deal with Hoopa and baby Alolan Ninetales on a daily basis? Clefairy on its own isn't enough because of how squishy it is. This is the reason why Gallade was a staple in other Gardevoir variants and I don't see this being any different.

How are you going to deal with Hoopa and baby Alolan Ninetales on a daily basis? Clefairy on its own isn't enough because of how squishy it is. This is the reason why Gallade was a staple in other Gardevoir variants and I don't see this being any different.
Baby Ninetales sees little to 0 play, and I feel like Hoopa is about to die, so there wasn't much of a problem. If you really want to, you can drop Clefairy or the 4th Gardy for a Gallade. I'm honestly more concerned about the Frogs matchup.

How do you play vs Zoro?
You blow Zoroarks up. Worst case scenario, you trade prizes evenly, but they need Choice Band just to 2HKO. The matchup favors Gardy because the damage cap is much higher, but other than that, the matchup goes 50-50. Again, this plays differently from normal Gardy, so Gallade isn't as much of a necessity. Gallade is good in this deck on paper, but whenever I was testing, I rarely found myself using it. It's a one-of anyway, so against Zoro, all it does is make time not as much of a problem. Although it is nice having Premonition to fetch more Candy. Again, if you wanna play Gallade, it's not bad.

Beautiful set of RR Lele's.

List looks simple and compact, a perfect Meta performer!

Beautiful set of RR Lele's.

List looks simple and compact, a perfect Meta performer!
Simplicity translates to consistency, which was Gardy's problem(Basically what I aimed to fix when creating this list). I could actually see 4 Gardy and 1 Gallade being a thing just to have Premonition and way to get past Hoopa in case of worst case scenario, but I'm hesitant to drop Clefairy in order to do so. But I'm testing to see if I can make that work along with Giratina because both those cards impact that matchup significantly. I'll let everyone know how it goes, but I think this list is a perfect basis when dealing with the meta's top contenders.

Going back to Clefairy, I suppose it's not as much of a necessity because that 3 Energy could go to a Gardevoir and blow something up.

gumball, thanks for the list.
Have you done any more testing and have you tried 4 Talonflame. Appreciate it doesn't fit with Diantha but maybe it's one of the 'best' starters for Garde?

gumball, thanks for the list.
Have you done any more testing and have you tried 4 Talonflame. Appreciate it doesn't fit with Diantha but maybe it's one of the 'best' starters for Garde?
I honestly find it inferior to Sylveon GX. I was never a fan of Talonflame because your odds if starting it are a lot lower than 50%. I actually need to update this post with a picture of the list I've been testing. The biggest flaw with Gardy is how tight space is combined with the Greninja autoloss. You have to drop a precious spot for Giratina for a rare matchup, or take the complete autoloss to said matchup.

Back