Ruling Gardevoir Lv.X's Bring Down

DeepBlue Squirtle

I liek Squirtle
I just want to clear this, as today I got beat by Gardy's Bring Down attack.

Let's say this is the field :

MINE :

Active Poke :
50 HP

Benched :
60HP
60HP
110 HP

OPPONENT :

Active Poke :
Gardy Lv.X

Benched :
40 HP
50 HP
60 HP

So, if it's that way, who gets knocked out? Because the text says :
Choose 1 Pokemon (yours or your opponent's) with the fewest remaining HP (excluding Gardevoir) and that Pokemon is now Knocked Out.

My opponent today said that she could pick either to look at my Pokes or her own Pokes. Obviously, she would kill mine.

So, how does it actually work...? Confused right here... @.@

@@ It affects the whole thing... Since when did I say "I could pick either to look at my Pokes or her own Pokes."
@@ It would knockout my benched 40Hp guy duh.

Flygon said:
@@ It affects the whole thing... Since when did I say "I could pick either to look at my Pokes or her own Pokes."
@@ It would knockout my benched 40Hp guy duh.

1st : Uhh, Shu Weng did.
2nd : No you didn't, you killed mine just now... =__='' Coz one of yours had lower HP.

Bring Down targets the Pokemon in play with the lowest HP remaining. Both sides are considered -- the card text is saying that both yours and your opponent's must be considered, not that you get a choice in the matter. If there is a tie, then you can select one.

In your example, your opponent's Pokemon with 40 HP left should have been Knocked Out.

Chairman Kaga said:
Bring Down targets the Pokemon in play with the lowest HP remaining. Both sides are considered -- the card text is saying that both yours and your opponent's must be considered, not that you get a choice in the matter. If there is a tie, then you can select one.

In your example, your opponent's Pokemon with 40 HP left should have been Knocked Out.

Alright. Thanks for clearing that.

Back