• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Gardevoir/Lunala-GX

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
What's up Pokebeach!?

I was playing at my local "league," when a player there gave me an idea for an Expanded Format Deck.

I will explain the deck afterwards. Here's the list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 2 Talonflame STS 96
* 2 Cosmog SUM 64
* 2 Cosmoem SUM 65
* 2 Lunala-GX SUM 153
* 3 Mewtwo-EX BKT 164
* 2 Ralts NXD 55
* 2 Kirlia PLS 60
* 2 Gardevoir DEX 109

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 N NVI 101
* 2 Lysandre FLF 104
* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 148
* 2 Lillie SUM 147
* 4 Rare Candy PLB 105
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Skyla BCR 149
* 1 Switch SUM 160
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 107
* 3 Max Potion BKP 103
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146

##Energy - 9

* 9 Psychic Energy SUM 162

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

So there you have it!

The deck is based around the Psychic Mirage Gardevoir from the Black and White Era. Mewtwo EX (Shatter Shot) is the main attacker, with the Gardevoir and Lunala as Tech/Support. The idea is to quickly set up a Gardevoir so that all the Psychic energy in play are doubled, meaning Mewtwo hits for a lot of damage for less energy, with Lunala being able to move it around.

If you asked me, id use lunala as an attacker. what with guardians rising coming out, you could try baby lunala and cut mewtwo EX. two talonflame isnt enough to get it every time, so bump that up to 4. Proffessors letter is not very helpful, because even with mewtwo the optimal option is max elixir. ALWAYS use 4 VS seeker, as it greatly helps with consistency. Speaking of consistency, use TRAINERS MAIL. always helps in getting what you need. The changes I would make include:

-3 mewtwo EX
-1 switch (you have enough switching power with 3 float stones. you could cut a float stone for an escape rope if you prefer)
-2 proffessors letter
-1 cosmoem
-1 lunala GX (with ultra ball, youll be fine unless your testing says otherwise)
-1 kirlia (rare candy-if you want to run full stage two lines, use wally-but that isnt reccomended because using your supporter to force evolve isnt optimal)
-1 lillie (there are better draw supporters)
-2 skyla (trainers mails will fill this hole)
-1 timer ball
-1 max potion(strange i know, but before with mewtwo you had a built-in heal where you used damage change. without that now, using lunala as your main attacker, you usually get one shot. if you use lunala GX as a main attacker however, then you'd have the room for the max potion)
-1 psychic energy (couldnt find anything else to cut)

+1 shaymin EX (although expensive, if this is just for theory then at least one shaymin is a worthy inclusion)
+2 baby lunala GUR
+2 cosmog
+2 talonflame
+1 VS seeker
+1 ultra ball
+1 colress
+1 ultra ball
+4 trainers mail (really helps with consistency-especially when using two stage twos!)

With these changes, your deck relies more heavily on rare candy, which is fine with trainers mail, which will allow you to dig for them. Skyla would theoretically help too, but since that is a supporter you might as well have used wally to (sorta) save the effort. Colress is a great draw supporter, and since your focusing on lunala more an additional 2 cosmog will help greatly, however you run the minor risk of starting with it.

I hope this helped, i tried to explain all changes as clearly as possible! Of course, if you want to use mewtwo as a main attacker that badly, that also works. But many of my changes apply even with mewtwo EX.

So, it is important to note, I have since updated the deck, making it (hopefully) a bit more viable, so in accordance with that, I will post the new list as soon as I can.

Back