• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gardevoir Gx

gayjackzz

Aspiring Trainer
I would like suggestions on how to improve my Gardevoir GX deck for current rotation. Here is my current deck list. Thanks guys :D

Ralts x 4
Kirlia x 1
Gardevoir GX x 3
Eevee x 2
Sylveon GX x 2
Zorua X 2
Zoroark GX X 2
Tapu Lele GX x 2

Guzma X 3
Rare Candy X 3
Rescue Stretcher X 2
Cynthia X 4
Lillie X 2
Field Blower X 2
Ultra Ball X 4
Choice Band X 3
Acerola X 2
Diantha X 2
Judge X 1
Eneporter X 2

Fairy Energy X 8
Double Colourless Energy X 4

What's your general strategy and how do you like to play?

If starting with Sylveon for setup then may need more fairy energy and switching, to guarantee it more.
My son plays Gardevoir and he has gone with Steven's Resolve, after trying Sylveon, as you can use it regardless of going first or second.

Magcargo works well with Zoroark now, for getting the card you need.

Steven's Resolve can work great if you go first since you can't attack on first turn which means you cant magical ribbon with sylveon, so i'd say thats a good call. But if you go second, i would rather grab something else to help setup. From the math, you have a 20% chance of having eevee as your starter pokemon, 20% of Tapu Lele, 20% of Zorua, and 40% for a Ralts.

From the list above, i'd personally drop -1 rescue strecher and +1 rare candy. rare candies are sometimes hard to pull when you need them so maxing out them makes it easier to get.

My versions of this run nest balls and a Apricorn Maker as a temporary set-up on turn one until Professor Elm comes out in Lost Thunder. It helps to grab a nest ball and an ultra ball on turn on, and helps to thin the deck a little bit during play. I would also look into adding Mallow into this deck because you can Mallow the two cards you need, then Trade into them by Zoroark GX.

Okay, so right off the bat I see a couple things you could add to this deck. It has loads of potential, but I'd love to give some suggestions to make it even better.

Ditto Prism Star
This card should be used in every evolution deck: it can be a extra Zorua, Eevee, Ralts, whatever you need it to be. I honestly don't know what you could drop for this, but I recommend a Cynthia or another card you have a lot listed of.

I would also recommend more Fairy Energy in this deck, for the sole purpose of Sylveon GX and Gardevoir GXs ability that will drain your supply in no time. Besides that, this deck has some great strategy in it, and I'm excited to see how it goes!

Back