• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gardevoir GX Deck Help

Kevin Lauro

Aspiring Trainer
I'm currently working on making my potential Gardevoir GX deck but could use some help! I have VS Seeker in there currently and I'm contemplating on what I should replace them with! Here's my build:

Pokemon (21)
4 Ralts BUS
3 Kirlia BUS
3 Gardevoir GX
1 Gallade BKT
2 Remoraid BKT
2 Octillery BKT
2 Eevee SUM
2 Sylveon GX
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers (27)
3 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Brigette
1 Acerola
2 Guzma

4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker **
3 Rare Candy
1 Choice Band
1 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Super Rod

1 Parallel City

Energy (12)
8 Fairy
4 DCE

The point of my build is to try and use Sylveon almost every single game so you can get what you want fairly quickly. I was thinking of adding an extra Sycamore & N to replace VS Seeker as well as 2 Wicke from Burning Shadows, because I feel like in the new Standard Format, shuffling for draw support will be the way to go, but let me know what you experts think! Thank you! :)

You don't really need Sylveon IMO. Alolan Vulpix (Guardians Rising) generally does the trick because while it's only limited to getting Pokemon, it only gives up a single prize when it's KOed. Burning Shadows Diancie is also worth considering because it evolves your basics and stage 1s without having to manually search and gives up a single prize as well.

Wicke is also outclassed by N in terms of draw support. Using 4 Sycamore and 4 N may be the way to go next format.

You don't really need Sylveon IMO. Alolan Vulpix (Guardians Rising) generally does the trick because while it's only limited to getting Pokemon, it only gives up a single prize when it's KOed. Burning Shadows Diancie is also worth considering because it evolves your basics and stage 1s without having to manually search and gives up a single prize as well.

Wicke is also outclassed by N in terms of draw support. Using 4 Sycamore and 4 N may be the way to go next format.

How's these changes then? Let me know!

Pokemon (21)
4 Ralts BUS
3 Kirlia BUS
3 Gardevoir GX
1 Gallade BKT
2 Remoraid BKT
2 Octillery BKT
2 Diancie BUS
2 Alolan Vulpix GDR
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers (26)
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Brigette
1 Acerola
2 Guzma

4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
2 Choice Band
1 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Super Rod

1 Parallel City

Energy (13)
9 Fairy
4 DCE

How's these changes then? Let me know!

Pokemon (21)
4 Ralts BUS
3 Kirlia BUS
3 Gardevoir GX
1 Gallade BKT
2 Remoraid BKT
2 Octillery BKT
2 Diancie BUS
2 Alolan Vulpix GDR
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers (26)
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Brigette
1 Acerola
2 Guzma

4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
2 Choice Band
1 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Super Rod

1 Parallel City

Energy (13)
9 Fairy
4 DCE
I think you should try to fit in some Ribombee (BUS) guaranteeing you get at least 2 attachments per turn, also, from testing I can say that Vulpix isn't really needed

I think you should try to fit in some Ribombee (BUS) guaranteeing you get at least 2 attachments per turn, also, from testing I can say that Vulpix isn't really needed

So is the list I have currently good, subtracting the 2 Vulpix for 1 Cutiefly, 1 Ribombee?

So is the list I have currently good, subtracting the 2 Vulpix for 1 Cutiefly, 1 Ribombee?
I would try and make it 2-2 but don't know what to take out probably a brigette and something else, also, I'm not sure but Weakness policy may be a good tech to count metagross

I would try and make it 2-2 but don't know what to take out probably a brigette and something else, also, I'm not sure but Weakness policy may be a good tech to count metagross

Pokemon (19)
4 Ralts BUS
3 Kirlia BUS
3 Gardevoir GX
1 Gallade BKT
2 Diancie BUS
2 Cutiefly BUS
2 Ribombee
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers (28)
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Brigette
1 Acerola
2 Guzma

4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
2 Choice Band
1 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Super Rod
2 Weakness Policy

1 Parallel City

Energy (13)
9 Fairy
4 DCE

Pokemon (19)
4 Ralts BUS
3 Kirlia BUS
3 Gardevoir GX
1 Gallade BKT
2 Diancie BUS
2 Cutiefly BUS
2 Ribombee
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers (28)
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Brigette
1 Acerola
2 Guzma

4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
2 Choice Band
1 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Super Rod
2 Weakness Policy

1 Parallel City

Energy (13)
9 Fairy
4 DCE

I don't agree with the Weakness Policy inclusion because Field Blower can easily get rid of it, making Gardevoir vulnerable to Metagross again. I'm rather wary of tools with effects that only benefit during the opponent's turn like Weakness Policy because the opponent can just Field Blower it away before it can be of any use. Other tools like Choice Band can bring some form of use during your turn (inflicting 30 more damage on EXs/GXs) before they're removed.

I don't agree with the Weakness Policy inclusion because Field Blower can easily get rid of it, making Gardevoir vulnerable to Metagross again. I'm rather wary of tools with effects that only benefit during the opponent's turn like Weakness Policy because the opponent can just Field Blower it away before it can be of any use. Other tools like Choice Band can bring some form of use during your turn (inflicting 30 more damage on EXs/GXs) before they're removed.
I can see that but if they don't have the Blower then it could turn a ohko into a 2hko, plus Choice band isn't really needed anyway

Back