• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gardeon CEC

enemyfox95

Aspiring Trainer
Ok yall,

Gardeon is a hype archetype after the release of Cosmic Eclipse so I'm trying to get this thread going to throw out my working decklist, get some feedback, and maybe even take the deck in a new direction if yall have any other ideas you've been thinking about.

DECK LIST:
Pokemon: 6
Gardevoir & Sylveon GX -4
Mega Lopbunny and Jigglypuff GX - 1
Xerneas GX - 1

Trainers: 45
Green's Exploration - 4
Cynthia and Caitlin - 2
Coach Trainer -2
Mallow and Lana -1

Tag Call - 4
Pokegear 3.0 - 4
Switch - 4
Custom Catcher - 4
Reset Stamp - 3
Energy Spinner -2
Tag Switch -2
Great Potion - 2
Cherish Ball - 2
Fairy Charm Lightning - 2
Fairy Charm Psychic -2

Chaotic Swell - 2
Power Plant - 2
Wunderous Labrinth * -1

Energy 9:
Fairy - 8
Draw Energy - 1​

By no means is this a perfect list, I think this deck can be better optimized but I'm stuck at what to cut and what to keep. I'm split on the Cynthia and Caitlin as I feel it is a suboptimal supporter on turn 1 and fear a higher count. Not sure about the Cherish Ball count either, while playing I liked the increase in chances it gave me for 2 Gardeon T1, and also the option to search Xerneas GX, but I feel only one is needed and I might cut it for a third Tag Switch. Lastly, Chaotic Swell might be an OP card but I'm having trouble using it in certain cases (might just be my own playing), but against Keldeo GX I'd rather want a power plant and might lose the stadium war against their own chaotic swells, so I think I might just cut Wunderous Lab altogether because I don't find it that useful.

Let me know what you all think! Some other good card in here could be Bill's Analysis, Cynthia, Island challenge amulet, great catcher, or more fairy charms. What are some of the lists/counts you have been trying out?

Suggestions:
  1. If you are going to do mega lopbunny jigglypuff, use island challenge amulet so your opponent has to take 8 prizes, (2 tag team KOs, 1 xerneas KO, or island challenge amulet KO on tag team)
  2. Focus on either Mega lopbunny jigglypuff OR Xerneas. here is my xerneas decklist if this helps you:pokemon (5)
    4 Gardevoir & Sylveon GX (UNB-130)
    1 Xerneas GX (FLI-90)

Trainer (46)
    4 Coach Trainer
    4 Green's Exploration
    2 Mina
    1 Brock's Grit
    4 Power Plant
    1 Wondrous Labyrinth ♢
    3 Cherish Ball
    2 Energy Spinner
    4 Great Catcher
    2 Great Potion
    1 Pal Pad
    4 Pokegear 3.0
    2 Reset Stamp
    4 Switch
    3 Tag Switch
    1 Fairy Charm L
    1 Fairy Charm N
    1 Fairy Charm P
    1 Fairy Charm UB
    1 Giant Bomb

Energy (9)
    9 Fairy Energy - Basic

I am personally trying to switch to lugia omastar because you can lock your opponent out of item cards with omastar, and kill most of your opponents energy with lugia gx's gx attack. the list is:

Pokemon (6)
1 Gardevoir & Sylveon GX (UNB-225)
1 Gardevoir & Sylveon GX (UNB-205)
1 Gardevoir & Sylveon GX (UNB-204)
1 Gardevoir & Sylveon GX (UNB-130)
1 Lugia GX (LOT-227)
1 Omastar (TEU-76)

Trainer (45)
4 Green's Exploration
3 Coach Trainer
3 Cynthia & Caitlin
2 Mallow & Lana