• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gardellade

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 19
  • 1 Diancie BUS 94
  • 2 Ralts BKT 100
  • 2 Ralts AOR 52
  • 3 Kirlia BUS 92
  • 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
  • 1 Gallade BKT 84
  • 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
  • 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
  • 2 Remoraid BKT 32
  • 2 Octillery BKT 33
Trainer Cards - 29
  • 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
  • 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
  • 2 Acerola BUS 142
  • 4 N FAC 105
  • 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
  • 1 Super Rod BKT 149
  • 3 Guzma BUS 115
  • 1 Special Charge STS 105
  • 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
  • 2 Field Blower GRI 125
  • 1 Brigette BKT 161
  • 3 Fairy Garden XY 117
  • 3 Rare Candy PRC 135
Energy - 12
  • 8 Fairy Energy Energy 9
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I posted this PTCGO deck on Reddit, but I could use some feedback here as well. I was told to try out a Fairy Garden-less build, but I'm also wondering if I should use Oranguru over Octillery. When I play this deck, sometimes I brick hard and other times I get some sweeps with Gardevoir (with a few cheeky KOs from Gallade or Lele on occasion). If I could add in a third Lele, I would, but I only have 2 of them on PTCGO, so that's what I'm stuck with at the moment.

You actually already have a very solid list. There are only a few changes I would make.

-1 Alolan Vulpix(I like Diancie more.)
-1 Special Charge(There's no need for this because of Gardevoir's GX attack.)

+1 Diancie(I think Diancie is more consistent then Alolan Vulpix.)
+1 Fairy Energy(Having 9 Fairy Energy is the perfect number for me.)

Other than that you have a pretty good list. There are some more changes I would make, but those could be preference based. If you want more ideas here is my decklist. It has given me a lot of sucess so far.

Pokemon: 17

4 Ralts
3 Kirlia
3 Gardevoir GX
1 Gallade
2 Diancie
1 Remoraid
1 Octillery
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers: 30

Items
4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
2 Field Blower
1 Professor's Letter
3 Choice Band

Supporters
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
1 Lillie
3 Guzma
1 Brigette
1 Rescue Stretcher

Stadium
3 Fairy Garden

Energy: 13

9 Fairy Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

I hope this helps.

I agree with everything Adi says but I'd also remove 1 Acerola (there's no need for 2) for another Diancie. It's kind of important to start with Diance in this deck for a smooth start.

Bricking hard with a Stage 2 deck is just an aspect of Stage 2 decks that you have to deal with. There is no list that can save you from the fact that you need 3 sets of Pokemon and all the support to get them out. There are a lot of components Stage 2 decks need, a little bit more so than others, in order to fuction, and if you draw them in the wrong combination you brick.

All decks are prone to bricking, but Stage 2s more than Stage 1s or basics. It's part of the natural balancing of basic vs Stage 1 vs Stage 2 decks in terms of their HP and damage output. Personally, I think Stage 1 decks are in the best position curently in terms of consistency. There just aren't very many good ones.

I highly recommend Float Stone over Fairy Garden. All decks only ever need 1 Pokemon that can retreat for free at any given time so that you can Guzma & retreat to retain your active or put a free retreater in your active after a KO if you don't know what you want yet. There's no need to have all of your Pokemon with Fairy Energy retreat for free, nor is there any reason to spread your fairy energy that way. Your Gardy GX will run out of resources to attack if you spread too much.

The basic logic with float stone is the following: if you open Ralts or Lele or Remoraid and get a Diancie onto your bench, you want the float stone on your active to retreat it and your attach for turn onto Diancie so that you can Sparkling Wish. This especially applies if you're going second, which you definitely will be going second at least once in a 3 swiss round. Not only does this grant you one more turn of evolution and energy in comparison to needing fairy energy to retreat, but it also saves you that 1 energy that you would otherwise need to discard to retreat to power up your Gardevoir GX. This is also why Float Stone is superior to Choice Band in this deck. It allows you to set up faster in a deck that already has an "infinite" damage ceiling, and because you're not using energy to retreat, you have a larger pool to deal more damage.

Octillery is way better than Oranguru in this deck. Not only do you have Diancie to force evolve it (another reason why you should run MINIMUM 2 Diancie in any Gardevoir GX list. This is unnegotiable), but Oranguru's Instruct is quite frankly crap. I used to run Oranguru but rarely dropped to lower than 3 cards consistently enough for it to matter due to the brickiness of Stage 2 decks. Gallade is already your counter to Alolan Ninetales BUS, so there's no reason for Oranguru.

Thanks for the feedback. I went with a 1-1 split of Vulpix and Diancie because I had only one Diancie when I first made the deck and opening with either Diancie or Vulpix gave me different options on how to evolve my Ralts. Your arguments for using the second Diancie were rather convincing. I like 2 Acerola for the extra bail-out, especially when Vs. Seeker is out of the format. I know I have Twilight to recycle a possible lone copy of Acerola, but I may not have the opportunity to do this every game.

This deck was made for play in PTCGO rather than real life.

Edit: here's an updated list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Diancie BUS 94
* 4 Ralts BKT 100
* 3 Kirlia BUS 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 140
* 1 Gallade BKT 84
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 1 Acerola BUS 142
* 4 N FAC 105
* 1 Skyla BKP 122
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 3 Rare Candy PRC 135

##Energy - 13

* 9 Fairy Energy Energy 9
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

There was one space left in the deck after I made the changes, so I slotted in Skyla to find specific trainers, especially Rare Candy. Still a bit iffy about 1 Acerola, though.

Note: the #140 is the full art Gardevoir GX, which I only have 1 of in TCGO; I actually have that and 2 copies of the regular art Gardy GX in the deck.

Last edited:
Back