• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garchomp/Lucario

donavannj

Aspiring Trainer
So I've only gotten back into standard in the last month (my last time playing consistently predates Black & White's release). I went with a relatively cheap deck to get back into the swing of things and shake off the rust in Garchomp/Lucario. I've decided this is what I'm primarily running until rotation.

Pokemon(20):
4-3-4 Garchomp (all FLI except 2 of the Chomps)
2-2 Lucario
2-2 Zoroark GX
1 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers (27):
Supporters (10):
4 Cynthia
1 Skyla
1 Guzma
1 N
1 Wicke
1 Pokemon Fan Club
1 Brigette

Stadiums (3):
3 Brooklet Hill

Items (14):
4 Ultra Ball
3 Pal Pad
2 Rare Candy
1 Random Receiver
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Choice Band
1 Float Stone
1 Escape Board

Energy(13):
8 Fighting Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
1 Strong Energy

Some notes:

I have not run the deck with Zoroark yet. It was just a quick add in to replace some garbage filler in a 2-2 Gumshoos line, and to give me some additional Ability-based draw power to work with. I've had garbage luck getting Lucario and Garchomp out at the same time because Buzzwole seems to be the preferred deck of my league and strikes so much faster, and most of my league seems to run Zoroark just for Trade.

I intend to replace Wicke with N, and Pokemon Fan Club with Brigette if I can find one. I also intend to replace the Escape Board with a second Float Stone if I can find one.

Should I drop Random Receiver in favor of a second Skyla or in favor of a second Lele? What should I drop for Evosoda, if anything?

I'm thinking it's worth replacing both remaining UPR Garchomps with FLI Garchomps when I pull them, though I have seen some Zoropod decks alongside those Buzzwole decks at league as well which makes me hesitant. Surprisingly few of any of the Fairy decks at my league so far.

Diancie (*) is probably a must if I go all FLI Garchomp but I've yet to pull one.

Is Zoroark worth it in this?

I know this list needs work.

If you want a Pokemon for draw support and your using Brooklet Hill I recommend Octillery with Abyssal Hand instead of Zoroark GX. Hill can search out Remoraid and leaves a less prize giving Pokemon. Getting out Garchomp to turn on Lucario's ability to tutor is very effective so perhaps upping the Lucario line and Candies would be just as effective draw getting Cynthia for the damage buff and whatever else you would need. Maxing out Lucario might actually be a good idea as once there's two or three out with Garchomp they would be far more effective then more draw.

I also believe that when you are using Royal Blade to attack each turn you should also have some other items that would be useful one Counter Catcher would help you as Guzma can't be played. The one Guzma could still be fine though and for 'needing' Float Stone I don't believe many of these pokemon have a retreat cost beyond one and actually having more Choice Bands would open up your knockout options letting you take out the majority of stage 1 GXs and a few stage twos. Also the Chomps have a cost of Zero so you want them to have Bands on instead. The Board would be for Lucario and sometimes Lele.

As for having Dragon or Fighting Garchomps I would think a mix of both could be fine.

Back