Garchomp DRX / LTR in BCR-On

Warizon

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys,

I was always a Garchomp lover, and I played Garchomp for quite some time either as Garchomp/Altaria, Garchomp/Stunfisk or even Garchomp/Landorus Ex. With the rotation taking Gabite from DRX away, we lost that amazing Dragon Call ability and the speed of dragons is gone with it too.
What are your thoughts on this card? Does Garchomp have a place in the BCR-On format? It still hits for 90 with a Bangle, killing anything in 2Hits, there is no Dragon Resistance, and it goes over Pyroar. It can also use Miltank and even Garbodor now that it doesn't use Gabite for the setup.

RE: Garchomp DRX/LTR in BCR-On

Altaria is still legal though so it the deck can do a lot of damage but I personally don't think the damage output is worth it with this card because it does take a long time to set up.

Without Gabite DRX, Garchomp/Altaria is really not that viable, Super Rod was also a big loss and Level Ball too, even though we have Pokémon Fan Club..

Gachomp is far from as good as it used to be, but it isn't unplayable. Just not a deck you'd expect to win tournaments with...

I think the only place we'll be seeing Garchomp for a while will be in extended when RayEels and Blastoise / Keldeo potentially become popular. Then I might be tempted to play Garchomp as a quad. But without Gabite with Dragon Call, I wouldn't even bother playing it.

Mora said:
I think the only place we'll be seeing Garchomp for a while will be in extended when RayEels and Blastoise / Keldeo potentially become popular. Then I might be tempted to play Garchomp as a quad. But without Gabite with Dragon Call, I wouldn't even bother playing it.

This deck suffered the same way as Dark.dec and Empoleon did from the rotation: it lost a lot of speed. But it doesn't mean that it's totally useless. It's still a 140HP Pokémon that can hit hard for a single Energy. I personally want to try this out with Garbodor, since I saw that somewhere, and really caught my attention. It won't be as fast as before, but by having no Altaria and just focusing on attack with Mach Cut can have a good result. I'll need to try the deck out and see how it goes.

It's nice to see some love for Garchomp! I'm thinking something in the likes of Garchomp/Garbodor/Hawlucha, Garchomp would be the main of course, attacking for 90 with a bangle and getting those powerful Strong energy/DCE/Rainbow in the discard pile, Hawlucha could hit for weakness on Thundurus Ex, stealing a easy 1HKO with one energy and a silver bangle (also a nice free retreater to promote). The stadium options could be the new Training Stadium from Rising Fist or the good old Virbank City Gym for the dreadful LaserBank.

You could also throw in a Drifblim line to take advantage of the special energy you discard with Garchomp. (though Dragon's Exalted is rotated, that drifblim has been released as a promo so it's still legal).

pokedan24 said:
You could also throw in a Drifblim line to take advantage of the special energy you discard with Garchomp. (though Dragon's Exalted is rotated, that drifblim has been released as a promo so it's still legal).

I like that idea, always loved that Drifblim and was incredibly happy to see that it wasn't rotated! The format needs it to keep massive special atackers in check. So far I guess, Garchomp/Garbodor/Hawlucha/Drifblim is the key ahah feels like a fun deck xD

Back