• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp / Altaria

WaldoHeraldoFaldo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 19
  • 4 Gible (Sand Attack)
  • 3 Gabit (Dragons Call Ability)
  • 4 Garchomp (Mach Cut)
  • 3 Swablu (Sing)
  • 3 Altaria (Fight Song Ability)
  • 1 Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier Ability
  • 1 Jiraichi EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums 31
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Silver Bangle
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Dowsing Machine

Energy - 10
  • 6 Fighting
  • 4 Blend WLFM

Strategy
This is subject to change once the new pack is out and Evolution Soda and Muscle Band are both released but this is my current decklist.

Laser works pretty well in here for helping rack up that extra damage.

My supporter lineup may be a little low but I'm concerned with running more than 3 Juniper (Due to all the search and deck thinning the deck possesses already) and I find that Skyla isn't always necessary in this deck. Thanks to Pokemon Catcher being nerfed it allows Jiraichi EX to shine and allows me to search out the specific Supporter that I may need at that time. Colress is amazing late game. Personally my favorite Supporter.

I know that bench space may be tight at times because I run Mr. Mime, Altaria and Jirachi EX who are all bench sitters but ideally you want one garchomp and two altaria on the bench leaving space for the other two (of course another garchomp in active position).

I'm open to any suggestions so let me know what you guys think and if I should make any changes to it! :D

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

- 1 Jirachi EX
- 1 Dowsing Rod
- 1 Tool Scrapper
- 1 Professor Juniper
- 2 Max Potions
- 2 Super Rods

+ 1 Mr Mime
+ 1 Switch
+ 1 Colress
+ 2 Rescue Scarf
+ 3 Energy Retrival

Why the cuts?

Jirachi EX is a really nice card, but for a "when its put to the bench from your hand" effect, it isn't worth the bench space for one supporter card. Especially since your Dragons are most likely going to be your attackers.

Dowsing Machine is a cool card to get Trainers back, but I personally think there are better options of retrieval, plus with the large amount of Trainers, the deck runs and multiples of each, it's not that great to discard 2 cards for 1.

Max Potion is really great, but the discarding of ALL energy on the Pokemon to heal it isn't that beneficial since you are only running 10 energy as is.

If you're wary of discarding and decking yourself I can always make the suggestion of removing a Professor Juniper to play another Colress. He's a great card and since this deck will fill a bench quickly, you'll always be drawing about 5 cards. And with this deck specifically he shines early game as well.

Why the additions?

An extra Mr Mime is a good choice to expand the chance of drawing one. The biggest threat to this type of deck is bench hitters, so it's better to have a mime there at all times to prevent that.

Rescue Scarf is a great run in this deck, keeping your Pokemon out of the discard so you can keep that bench full of your dragons.

Energy Retrieval is a great choice. So one of your Pokemon gets knocked out, but you can still get the energy back, especially if that Pokemon had a Rescue Scarf.

Well, you should seize the opportunity to use an ACE SPEC, and Max Potion would be good in Garchomp, as you only attach 2 Energy max to a Pokémon, but otherwise, those are solid suggestions.

ProfZelkova said:
- 1 Jirachi EX
- 1 Dowsing Rod
- 1 Tool Scrapper
- 1 Professor Juniper
- 2 Max Potions
- 2 Super Rods

+ 1 Mr Mime
+ 1 Switch
+ 1 Colress
+ 2 Rescue Scarf
+ 3 Energy Retrival

Why the cuts?

Jirachi EX is a really nice card, but for a "when its put to the bench from your hand" effect, it isn't worth the bench space for one supporter card. Especially since your Dragons are most likely going to be your attackers.

Dowsing Machine is a cool card to get Trainers back, but I personally think there are better options of retrieval, plus with the large amount of Trainers, the deck runs and multiples of each, it's not that great to discard 2 cards for 1.

Max Potion is really great, but the discarding of ALL energy on the Pokemon to heal it isn't that beneficial since you are only running 10 energy as is.

If you're wary of discarding and decking yourself I can always make the suggestion of removing a Professor Juniper to play another Colress. He's a great card and since this deck will fill a bench quickly, you'll always be drawing about 5 cards. And with this deck specifically he shines early game as well.

Why the additions?

An extra Mr Mime is a good choice to expand the chance of drawing one. The biggest threat to this type of deck is bench hitters, so it's better to have a mime there at all times to prevent that.

Rescue Scarf is a great run in this deck, keeping your Pokemon out of the discard so you can keep that bench full of your dragons.

Energy Retrieval is a great choice. So one of your Pokemon gets knocked out, but you can still get the energy back, especially if that Pokemon had a Rescue Scarf.

While I like a couple of suggestions I don't think I will get rid of the max potions. For the most part you will only have 1 energy on your garchomp. I won't really play the blend energy unless I really have to for dragonblade.

An extra Mr. Mime in place of Jiraichi EX sounds solid. I'll give it some playtesting and see how I like it.
-1 Jiraichi EX
+1 Mr. Mime

I will probably stay with at least 1 tool scrapper due to Garbodor. If Garbotoxin hits the field I will be in some trouble since I will lose Altarias 'Fight Song' ability and Gabites 'Dragon Call' ability. It is also helpful for getting rid of Float Stones off of those pesky Keldeos and just useful in general usually against decks like Darkrai.

If you don't think I should run dowsing machine then what Ace Spec should I play? I personally like dowsing machine for the ability to get cards back like tool scrapper/super rod or worst case scenario a supporter.

Energy retrieval is a good card. I may test at 1 just to see how it does. It may be useful for those times I have to max potion an energy away.
-1 Super Rod
+1 Energy Retrieval

While I love Colress as he is my favorite supporter, I think it is a bit risky to run more than two. If I were to get rid of a Juniper I would probably replace it with another N since he is better in the early game.

Why would you swap Super Rod for Energy Retrieval? If you ever need Energies back, you can just get them back with Super Rod OR if you don't need Energies then you can get Garchomp back and whatever else you might need. You maintain flexibility with Super Rod, and it's not like Blastoise when you need three Energies in your han a turn. Garchomp only needs one Energy to start doing some decent damage.

Honestly, I like the Altaria-less version of the deck more. With Silver Bangle, Garchomp hits the magic 90 number for one Energy and without all of that other stuff like lasers and Altaria, you have room for increased consistentcy. The only downside is that because it can't OHKO anything, it kind of needs Catcher.

Mmmm there are 2 really strong components to deal w when playing FluffyChomp, and that is Darkrai and Garbador. I hate them sooooo much! So for combating Darkrai is Mr. Mime for the bench damage and Stunfisk Muddy Water for 1 fighting energy it strikes for 20 to the active and 20 to the bench, w Darkrai mach up its attacks are x2 so Silver bangle him up (20+30)x2=100 =] Its secondary is 40 for 1 fighting and 1 colorless and the defending cant retreat during the next turn, damage count is (40+30)x2=140. Also of course you will need tool scrappers for Garbabdor but other than that the decks hella solid. Just a few thoughts

Back