• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp/Altaria

smeargleman

Aspiring Trainer
Alright, so here is my updated Garchomp Altaria deck.

4 Gible Sand Attack
3 Gabite Dragon Call
4 Garchomp Mach Cut
3 Swablu Sing
3 Altaria
2 Emolga Call for Family

19 Pokemon

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Colress
2 Skyla

12 Supporters

4 Level Balls
4 Catchers
4 Lasers
3 Candies
2 Virbank
2 Super Rod
Computer Search

20 Items

6 Fighting Energy
3 Blend

9 Energy

I assume Archeops would give me trouble too.

No one in the competitive world will use Archeops. It is too much of a hassle to get out. Some match-ups are just so bad that you can't really do anything about them. Even running 2 Tool Scrapper may not be enough because if they play smartly they won't have more than 1 Garbodor with a tool at a time.

4 Emolga are too many. 2 Emolga will work fine. Float Stone doesn't really help either because the Retreat Cost of Garchomp and Altaria are both just 1 energy and Emolga its free. I'd also drop 1 Gabite, since you are using 2 Rare Candy. That gives you 7 slots which can be used to add 4 HTL, 2 Virbank City Gym, and 1 Computer Search. This will increase your damage output because Garchomp needs to be quick to win.

- 2 Emolga
- 1 Gabite
- 4 Float Stone
- 2 Switch
- 2 F Energy
- 2 N
+ 1 Colress
+ 1 Skyla
+ 2 Blend WLFM
+ 2 Super Rod
+ 2 Hypnotoxic Laser
+ 1 Tool Scrapper
+ 3 Catcher
+ Life Dew

Your Altarias will get killed anyway if they get catchered. If not, the retreat cost is only 1. You need loads of Super Rods in this deck, at least 2 but if you want a consistent deck you should play 3.

I would run a 4-2-4 line of Garchomp and add two more Rare Candy. It is easier to Rare Candy. You also only need 2 Emolga. Take out two Emolga and two Float Stone for four Pokemon Catcher. You don't need so many switching options. Take out a Cheren for a Life Dew. You only need 14 supporters and Life Dew will help with the prize trade.

OK, I made a few changes. When I get 2 more rare candy and 4 catchers, I'll take out 2 cheren, 2 lasers, 1 gabite, and 1 level ball, switch, or tool scrapper.

Pokemon

[Gible (Sand Attack) DRX x 4]
[Gabite (Dragon Call) DRX x 4]
[Garchomp (Mach Cut) DRX x 4]
[Swablu DRX (Sing) x 3]
[Altaria DRX x 3]
[Emolga DRX x 2]

Trainers

[Professor Juniper x 4]
[N x 4]
[Cheren x 4]
[Skyla x 3]
[Level Ball x 4]
[Rare Candy x 2]
[Switch x 2]
[Super Rod x 1]
[Tool Scrapper x 2]
[Hypnotoxic Laser x 2]

Energy

[Fighting Energy x 8]
[Blend Energy WLFM x 4]

Awesomeguy76 said:
I would run a 4-2-4 line of Garchomp and add two more Rare Candy. It is easier to Rare Candy. You also only need 2 Emolga. Take out two Emolga and two Float Stone for four Pokemon Catcher. You don't need so many switching options. Take out a Cheren for a Life Dew. You only need 14 supporters and Life Dew will help with the prize trade.
4-2-4? This is so wrong I don't even. Obviously you don't know how a Garchomp deck sets up: Dragon Call. Two candy and four Skyla should be enough. You only need Candy for a T2 Garchomp, after T2 they are almost useless.

Also you aboslutely MUST play at LEAST 2 Super Rod & Life Dew is great in this deck. Your list still has only one Rod. Play max 1 Switch, 1 Tool Scrapper, 4 Skyla for that T2 Garchomp.

^ He's hitting the major points right there. You need to be able to cycle through those fallen Garchomp (or Altaria), and those Super Rod are musts. Teal is right on the Candy, and you'll be using Gabite almost all game to continue to pump out those Garchomp. I know you don't have all the cards just yet, but make sure you drop a Scrapper (for now) and a Switch for another Skyla and an extra Gabite.

Ok, so I've been playing this a bit and here is my modified list.

4 Gible Sand Attack
3 Gabite Dragon Call
4 Garchomp Dragonblade
3 Swablu Sing
3 Altaria
2 Emolga

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Cheren

4 Level Ball
3 Rare Candy
4 Lasers
2 Virbank
2 Super Rod
Computer Search

8 Fighting Energy
4 Water Energy

In my opinion, I need to do more damage, so I included laser-virbank for that reason. I took out the blends for waters since a lot of things can remove special energy. When I get another rare candy, I'll take out a Skyla for it.

Why on earth would you want to play 4-3-4 Garchomp with 4 Rare Candies? Also even if your Blends get discarded they should definitely be the better play. Try 1 Water (for Super Rod) and 3 Blend.

Well, a lot of times I don't get my garchomps set up in time. For now, I could leave it at 3 candies.

Well, would a better energy spread be 6 Fighting, 4 Blend, 2 Water?

I wouldn't use Water Energies. You can't use Mach Cut with them. Use the Blends. If Enhanced Hammers and Cobalions are common in your area, just don't run four.

Try this.
-3 Water
+3 Blend
+2 Cheren
+2 Colress

[private]Warned for Not Explaining Suggestions.~KA[/private]

I played against google playing this deck, and here is what I deciphered.

4/2/4 Garchomp (1 Tackle Gible to ohko Baby rays/RayEX with laser/BabyBlackKyurem)
3/3 Altaria
1 Emolga
1 Mime
=18

4 Blend
5 Fighting
=9

4 Laser
4 Level Ball
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Skyla
3 Colress
3 Switch
3 Candy
2 Virbank
2 Super Rod
1 Dowsing
=33

I didn't actually see the second super rod, and I don't think I'd play more than one, but that's just me.

Zangoose, I like your list alot. Do you think this deck could use catchers, and if so, how many? And what would you take out? 5 fighting and 4 blend is probably enough energy, and I think 3 candies is enough. I think I would still run 3 gabites and 2 emolgas though, and I'm not sure about mr. mime as I need all the bench space I can get.

The deck could use Catchers, but it is hard to determine what you can take out without lowering consistency. You could probably get by with just 2 Float Stone. Considering the low retreat cost, having four is overkill. That will let you fit in two Catcher.

Also, update your first post with the current list.

I would also suggest a Keldeo-EX tech since you're already running Float Stone. If you run two Rare Candy and four Gabite, a couple Gabite become dead draws. I suggest taking those two out. Catcher is a must.

I always find that doing 4-3-4 Garchomp and 2 Candies. Or 3 Candies and 2 Gabite's work the best. (If you run the 3 Candies way. Then you have a more chance of getting a super fast Garchomp. But if you do the 3 Gabite's way then you have more of a chance to get more Garchomp's (it is slower. You can still get a fast Garchomp with the Gabite's way. And you can get alot of Garchomp's the Candies way.) (3-3 Candy-Gabite also works.)

I honestly forgot about Catcher, this was off the top of my head, lmao. I'd play at least 2, but 4 sounds excessive. You simply do not have the space for 4. I think cutting a super rod and something else for 2 would work, especially with dowsing.

Zangoose said:
I honestly forgot about Catcher, this was off the top of my head, lmao. I'd play at least 2, but 4 sounds excessive. You simply do not have the space for 4. I think cutting a super rod and something else for 2 would work, especially with dowsing.
I feel like 2 is not enough. Maybe 3?

Back