• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp/Altaria/Landorus-EX

Espione

Aspiring Trainer
Hey,
I've always been into collecting pokemon cards, but recently i have been interested in getting into competitive play. Very new to this, but how does this setup look like?

Pokemon:
x4 Gible
x3 Gabite (dragon call)
x4 Garchomp (Dragonblade)

x1 Call for family Emolga
x2 Swablu (sing)
x2 Altaria
x1 Rayquaza ex (Using this for now until I get landorous ex)
x1 Landorous ex (Soon will get)

Trainers:
x2 Pokemon Comm
x2 Energy Search
x2 Cheren
x1 Colress
x1 Hypnotoxic laser
x1 Eviolite
x1 Switch
x2 N
x2 Junipers
x2 potion (Place hodler until i get max potion)
x1 Rescue Scarf
x1 Tool scarf
x2 Energy Retrieval
x1 Level Ball
x1 Cilan
x1 Energy Switch

Energies: The electric and fire energies will be taken out once i switch ray ex for Landorous ex

x6 fighting energy
x6 water energy
x2 water/fighting blend energy
x1 electric energy
x3 fire energy

thats 58 cards in total, so still have room for 2 more. The obvious would be add 4 catchers, but Im not looking to spend a lot of money into this ,hence why im making a garchomp/altaria deck, but i know soon enough ill get my hands on some.

Would it be worth it to keep rayquaza ex in even when i get landorous? The only thing i dont like about it is that it eats lightning and fire energies, which nothing else in my deck uses. Altho being able to dragon call it is a always nice.

Thanks!

[private]Staff Message: Moved because it's a list ~ Serperior.[/private]

Garchomp/altaria/landorous ex

At a glance I would recommend using the two free spaces for another Emolga and a Swablu, and then removing the EX and adding a third Altaria, this will allow to to hopefully have a stronger early game and also allow you to set up more Altaria, which are a key part of this deck.

Back