• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garchomp/Altaria deck, with Landorus Ex + Keldeo Ex techs

Warizon

Aspiring Trainer
21 Pokemon´
4-3-4 Garchomp
3-3 Altaria
2 Emolga
1 Landorus Ex
1 Keldeo Ex

12 Support
4 Skyla
3 Juniper
3 N
1 Colress
1 Bianca

16 Items
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
2 Rare Candy
2 Float Stone
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Super Rod
1 Max Potion
1 Gold Potion (helps a lot in darkrai matchups)

11 Energy
7 Fighting Energy
4 Blend Energy WLMF

Strategy
As with all Garchomp/Altaria decks, you want to setup your bench, either by starting with Emolga and using Call for family, or by just starting with Landorus Ex and tank while you set it up. Keldeo Ex is there to run from those anoying lasers, using the Rush In + Float Stone engine. Landorus also helps a lot with Darkrai Ex and Eels matchups, while Garchomp counters the new fruit in the basket, Thundurus/Deoxys/Kyurem, with his Mach cut. Garbodor is always a problem but i dont find it to be that hard since with 2 energy garchomp can OHKO Garbodor, and that + the tool scrapper tech, help to break that ability lock.
Ultra Balls are there to call the Ex's or that Garchomp for the T2 Rare candy, and the 4 Skyla help with that, I know it's not usual to run 4, but in this deck, i feel like it is a must, thanks to the HUGE item dependence.

Skyla is just so good. ;_;

But yeah, you should definitely run four of her, especially in this deck where a Stage 2 attacker is the main attacker. It is good to candy up to them, even though Gabite is beyond awesome with his ability being able to pretty much guarantee the turn three Garchomp by searching for a Dragon every turn.

On thing I would like to note, however, is your Ace Spec choice. Gold Potion, whereas it completely wipes off an un-boosted Night Spear, I would like to point out, so does Max Potion. Even though it discards your energy, I think it would be a better investment, especially due to the fact that Gold Potion is an Ace Spec, and therefore a one-of card. I would recommend a different one, like Computer Search or Dowsing Machine to get the candies and whatever other resources you may require from the deck/discard pile. Now here is another idea for you to chew on, and I am actually just now thinking about this, what about a Scramble Switch to your Keldeo for a quick Secret Sword or to another Garchomp to keep the energy you may discard with a Max Potion? Just an idea, so I'm not sure of how it might turn out, but it may be worth consideration.

I would take out the Float Stones for an N and a Juniper, as running four of each of those really brings up the average consistency of the deck, as well as taking out Bianca and turn that into a Colress, as you may find that either your hand is more than or equal to six cards (thus making Bianca useless) and you will have a full bench almost all of the time, making Colress the much better play.

Kecleon-X said:
Skyla is just so good. ;_;

But yeah, you should definitely run four of her, especially in this deck where a Stage 2 attacker is the main attacker. It is good to candy up to them, even though Gabite is beyond awesome with his ability being able to pretty much guarantee the turn three Garchomp by searching for a Dragon every turn.

On thing I would like to note, however, is your Ace Spec choice. Gold Potion, whereas it completely wipes off an un-boosted Night Spear, I would like to point out, so does Max Potion. Even though it discards your energy, I think it would be a better investment, especially due to the fact that Gold Potion is an Ace Spec, and therefore a one-of card. I would recommend a different one, like Computer Search or Dowsing Machine to get the candies and whatever other resources you may require from the deck/discard pile. Now here is another idea for you to chew on, and I am actually just now thinking about this, what about a Scramble Switch to your Keldeo for a quick Secret Sword or to another Garchomp to keep the energy you may discard with a Max Potion? Just an idea, so I'm not sure of how it might turn out, but it may be worth consideration.

I would take out the Float Stones for an N and a Juniper, as running four of each of those really brings up the average consistency of the deck, as well as taking out Bianca and turn that into a Colress, as you may find that either your hand is more than or equal to six cards (thus making Bianca useless) and you will have a full bench almost all of the time, making Colress the much better play.

Thanks for the reply !

About the Ace Spec, i have thought about using Computer Search a lot of times, but they are kinda hard to get your hands on.. so i've learn to live with gold potion, and when i saw the overuse of darkrai variants in the league i play, i kept it. The scramble switch seems like too much of gamble in this deck..

I can't take out the Float Stones, or else the Keldeo Ex engine would not work, has he has 2 Retreat Cost, and lasers are the thing most people play to disrupt the opponent's game. Bianca is there because of the use of Ultra Ball, i used to run 2 Colress, but with the ultra ball i saw my hand getting smaller most of the time, and the chance of running into ghetsis also made me use one of it.

I really would suggest changing Level Balls to Ultra Balls because then you can get any Pokemon instead of just Gabite. It also combos better with Bianca and Juniper since you'd be discarding anyway.

If you can get a Computer Search or Dowsing Machine, replace Gold Potion for one of them. Getting a late game Catcher can be important.

King Arceus said:
I really would suggest changing Level Balls to Ultra Balls because then you can get any Pokemon instead of just Gabite. It also combos better with Bianca and Juniper since you'd be discarding anyway.

If you can get a Computer Search or Dowsing Machine, replace Gold Potion for one of them. Getting a late game Catcher can be important.

Thanks for the reply !

I prefer to have those 2 level ball to help me in situations where I need the resources that are in my hand.
The dowsing machine will be my next aquisition since i am building a weaville/Exeggcute deck, so maybe I will attempt to try it as it was already sugested by the 2 answers i had :D

Warizon said:
Thanks for the reply !

About the Ace Spec, i have thought about using Computer Search a lot of times, but they are kinda hard to get your hands on.. so i've learn to live with gold potion, and when i saw the overuse of darkrai variants in the league i play, i kept it. The scramble switch seems like too much of gamble in this deck..

I can't take out the Float Stones, or else the Keldeo Ex engine would not work, has he has 2 Retreat Cost, and lasers are the thing most people play to disrupt the opponent's game. Bianca is there because of the use of Ultra Ball, i used to run 2 Colress, but with the ultra ball i saw my hand getting smaller most of the time, and the chance of running into ghetsis also made me use one of it.
Oop. Completely frogurt about the Keldeo Engine lol. I feel dumb right now. :p

But yeah, I would definitely go for the Colress over the Bianca. Speaking of your hand, have you ever gotten below 4 cards? If you have, one or two Bicycle might be something to think about. You would need to find room for it, but I can definitely attest to its playability.

Kecleon-X said:
Oop. Completely frogurt about the Keldeo Engine lol. I feel dumb right now. :p

But yeah, I would definitely go for the Colress over the Bianca. Speaking of your hand, have you ever gotten below 4 cards? If you have, one or two Bicycle might be something to think about. You would need to find room for it, but I can definitely attest to its playability.

The game with this deck usually starts by using the full hand, sometimes even leaving me with 1 or 2 cards, that's mostly when i use Juniper/Bianca.. I will most likely follow the advice on switching Bianca for Colress, this deck benches like crazy. I see your idea on the Bicycle but I'm not very fond of that card (except on Darkrai decks), and this deck is EXTREMELY tight on space, I had to go around and around my head to tech the Keldeo, Ultra Balls and Landorus, due to my previous already tight build ahah

Back