Garbodor's partners

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Hi guys, after making the 'Partners for Omastar' theme, I think we could do this again, so we can search for new decks that can deal with the Tier 1/2 ones. This time, the main star of the deck would be Garbodor BKP.

Garbodor.BPT.57.png

This worked in the past format (it's almost the same card), so I think it could shine again. However, I'm not sure which is the best partner it can have.

Here I have some ideas:
-X Ballers: we have Yveltal EX and Lugia EX in standard with this type of attack (I'm not sure if there's any non-EX basic pokemon with it), but the main problems are Raikou, Jolteon EX and M Manectric EX/Manectric EX.
-Fighting types: Hawlucha can take advantage of Garbotoxin to apply weakness, and there are lots of pokemon that can use the [F] type support, such as Garchomp, Lucario EX or Zygarde EX. Regirock AOR and Zygarde (dog) are other options that could be included.
-Water types: Regice would be a really great wall when your opponent plays low counts of non-EX attackers, and non being able to use their Shaymin EX, it's more difficult for them to appear. Seismitoad EX is an obvious partner I think. And Glaceon EX could be also included as a 1-of at least.
-Lightning types: Manectric EX is another top pokemon that can use Garbodor in its advantage, Jolteon EX too, and Raichu (Circle Circuit) was played with Garbodor in the past, so why not?
-Other options: since Plasma Flareon was played with Garbodor, maybe Vespiqueen could take its role here. Aerodactyl could be interesting, but it's quite difficult to play, at least right now.

I think there are lots of cards that can be played with Garbodor. Would you include any more to the list? Which ones do you think are the best options?

Those are all good options. From the newest set, I'm thinking of Mega Audino EX.

M Audino EX – Colorless – HP220
Mega Evolution – Evolves from Audino-EX

When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokemon, your turn ends.

[C][C][C] Magical Symphony: 110 damage. If you played a Supporter card from your hand this turn, this attack does 50 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Those are all good options. From the newest set, I'm thinking of Mega Audino EX.

M Audino EX – Colorless – HP220
Mega Evolution – Evolves from Audino-EX

When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution Pokemon, your turn ends.

[C][C][C] Magical Symphony: 110 damage. If you played a Supporter card from your hand this turn, this attack does 50 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance when damaging the Bench.)

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3
In fact, I'm testing M Audino/Garbodor in the PTCGO, but it isn't as good as it seems :(

Back