• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garbodor/Tsareena (Guardians Rising)

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Garbodor – Psychic – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Trubbish

[P] Trashalanche This attack does 20 damage for each Item card in your opponent’s discard pile.

[P][C][C] Acid Bomb: 70 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, discard an Energy from your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Tapu Lele-GX – Psychic – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Wonder Tag
When you play this Pokemon from your hand onto your Bench during your turn, you may search your deck for a Supporter card, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

[C][C] Energy Drive: This attack does 20 damage times the amount of Energy attached to both Active Pokemon. This damage isn’t affected by Weakness or Resistance.

[P] Tapu Cure GX: Heal all damage from 2 of your Benched Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

When your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Field Blower – Trainer
Item

Choose up to 2 in any combination of Pokemon Tool cards and Stadium cards in play (yours or your opponent’s) and discard them.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Choice Band – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

The attacks of the Pokemon this card is attached to do 30 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon-GX or Active Pokemon-EX (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Pokemon: 19
4 Trubbish GUR
4 Garbodor GUR
3 Bounsweet SUM
3 Steenee SUM
3 Tsareena SUM
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers: 34
4 Forest of Giant Plants
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 VS Seeker
2 Timer Ball
2 Field Blower
2 Red Card
2 Devolution Spray
2 Float Stone
2 Choice Band
2 Professor Sycamore
3 N
1 Lysandre
1 Lillie
1 Delinquent

Energy: 5
5 Psychic

No doubt Garbodor in GUR is a hyped attacker, but I'm trying to wrack my head around the best way to synergize with it. An option that seems obvious would be to mess with my opponent's hand significantly through Delinquent and Tsareena's ability. Something that's also occurred to me as far as Garbodor synergy is tried and true mill options like Bunnelby. In fact that may be more consistent but I'll still throw this build out there.

Last edited:
Hi Vitiel,

Garbodor sure is one of the best cards from SM2. Not sure on the combo with Tsareena for these reasons:

1) With a total of 24 item cards in the deck and no more than two Professor Sycamore the deck should have a terrible match against other Garbodor decks and counter decks.
2) Keep in mind that Garbodor will be ohkoed in return. The current list has no more than six possible attackers and a low energy count.

Personally I believe that Garbodor synergizes best with other attackers that can hoild their own until Delinquent, Field Blower and regular item use filled the opponent's discard with a sufficient number of items to ohko defending EX and GX Pokémon. Bunnelby can be a more effective tech than Tsareena.

Hmmm, interesting... However I think you'll need to be careful with this strategy. Tsareena's ability is great to disrupt your opponent's hand, usually to get rid of their draw power to make them stuck. But if you want to power up Garbodor's attack, you need your opponent to USE or DISCARD items, and that will not be possible if he/she is stuck. If you let them play smoothly, they will use their resources (items) and that is very good for Garbodor. So, the only practical use of Tsareena in this deck would be to discard an item card from his hand, adding 20 damage to Garbodor, and I think it's not worth the space Tsareena takes.
I see Garbodor as an attacker for mid-late game to be used with some other psychic main attacker (Espeon GX is a good option).

Hi Vitiel,

Garbodor sure is one of the best cards from SM2. Not sure on the combo with Tsareena for these reasons:

1) With a total of 24 item cards in the deck and no more than two Professor Sycamore the deck should have a terrible match against other Garbodor decks and counter decks.
2) Keep in mind that Garbodor will be ohkoed in return. The current list has no more than six possible attackers and a low energy count.

Personally I believe that Garbodor synergizes best with other attackers that can hoild their own until Delinquent, Field Blower and regular item use filled the opponent's discard with a sufficient number of items to ohko defending EX and GX Pokémon. Bunnelby can be a more effective tech than Tsareena.
Yeah, it's only until just after posting I'm realizing mill probably works better with Garb.

Pokemon: 14
4 Trubbish GUR
4 Garbodor GUR
4 Bunnelby PCR 121
2 Tapu Lele GX

Trainers: 38
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Ultra Ball
4 Nest Ball
4 VS Seeker
2 Field Blower
2 Choice Band
1 Rescue Stretcher
4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Team Rocket's Handiwork
1 Lysandre
1 Lillie
1 Delinquent
3 Altar of the Moone

Energy: 8
8 Psychic

I'm thinking something like this instead. Parallel City could also be good to bump off benched Leles.

Hi Vitiel,

Looks much better. I would recommend to following modifications:

- 2 Bunnelby (two tech millers will suffice)
- 1 Garbodor (three are sufficient)
- 1 Trubbish (debateable)

+ 1 Tapu Lele GX or Tauros GX (awesome leading attackers)
+ 2 Tauros GX (awesome leading attacker)
+ 1 Wobbuffet (handles item lock)

- 4 Nest Ball (four Ultra Ball and a tech search supporter to be drawn with Tapu Lele Gx is all that is needed)
- 4 Trainer's Mail (terrible in the mirrow match)

+ 3 Fighting Fury Belt (awesome with Tapu Lele GX and Tauros GX as leading attackers)
+ 1 Eco Arm (great in mirror matches)

+ 4 Double Colorless Energy (turn Tapu Lele GX and Tauros GX into possible one-attachment attackers that can put out pressure)

- 1 Team Rocket's Handywork (one is sufficient since it is a flip card)
+ 1 Bridgette / Lysandre (Bridgette helps to get all attackers other than Tapu Lele GX out fast and also thins the deck. Lysandre needs no comment)

The modifications are intended to ensure that the deck can lead with two offensive attackers that can set the pace from the opponent and lure thsm into a faster match. On usual this will require the use of a decent amount of item and tool cards. Note that both can attack fast with a single attachment and can be rather threatening. Once five to seven items have been discarded Field Blower and delinquent can be used to help Garbodor out to clean the field. At that time the deck should have taken 2-3 prize cards with the leading attackers. Now you can send in your army of Garbodors to clean house because garbodor will not survive more than one turn on usual. However he can ohko Pokémon GX and EX while being a single prize attacker. If the opponent is holding back and slowing down by not using item or supporter cards you can steamroll them with Tapu Lele GX and Tauros GX. Sounds a little more versatile to me and you also have the tech Bunnelby as a mill-card and an item recover card in mirror matches. Let me know what you think about these ideas. You can also check my version of this deck, which is called Rubbish Heap if you are interested.

Back