• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garbodor/Tauros

Ardma-Rohar

Once upon a time, I was a Snorlax.
Hi, all.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide some advice for my deck?

Here is the list:

Pokemon: 12

4 Trubbish (GR)
3 Garbodor (GR)
1 Garbodor (Garbotoxin)
3 Tauros GX
1 Oranguru

Trainers: 36

4 N
3 Sycamore
3 Lysander
2 Brock's Grit
3 Pokeball
4 Ultraball
3 VS Seeker
3 Choice Band
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Crushing Hammer
3 Field Blower
4 Float Stone

Energy: 12

8 Psychic
4 DCE

Simple strategy; turn Garbodor into a powerhouse from your opponent having an abundance of item cards in their discard pile. Tauros is generally very powerful, which i'm sure you're all aware of.

Are there any cards that I have missed and should be in here? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks! :)

You may want to consider incorporating 1 Olympia (-1 Float Stone) in order to get your active Pokémon back to the bench.

Also, consider replacing the Poké Balls with Level Balls which requires no coin flipping.

IMO, you run 3-4 Crushing Hammer to be effective or none; so, consider replacing these 2 cards with others that may be more useful. For example, Crushing Hammer requires a flip (50% of failure; 100% if you'rs Item-locked), consider replacing 1 with a Team Flare Grunt. And for the other C Hammer, consider replacing it with another Oranguru or a 4th VS Seeker.

Hi Ardma-Rohar,

Nice deck. TuxedoBlack already covered some basic issues with Hammers. I do not feel that hammers are needed in Garbodor Tauros GX. Most winning japanese decks that I am aware of did not run hammers. I will provide a breif argument on why this might be the case in the proposed modification list.

- 1 N (three are sufficient)
- 1 Lysandre (two are sufficient)
- 2 Brock's Grit (nice but Super Rod and Rescue Stretcher are much easier to use in this deck.)

+ 1 Professor Sycamore (best draw supporter; especially in offensive decks)
+ 1 Hex Maniac (nice additional or alternate mean to shut down abilities.)
+ 1 Professor Kukui (nice to use with Tauros GX. If you add Tapu Lele GX use Lillie instead and move Kukui down to the list of supporters that depend on your meta)
+ 1 Pokémon Fan Club / Bridgette / Lillie / Ninja Boy / Delinquent / Olympia (Pick your poison. Since this deck does not run Shaymin Ex I prefer Bridgette over Fan Club.)

- 3 Pokeball (not needed and there would be better ball cards anyway)
- 2 Enhanced Hammer (I feel that the hammers version is inferior. It gives the deck a worse mirror match and I feel that energy dependent deck will run Carbink.)
- 2 Crushing Hammer (I feel that the hammers version is inferior. It gives the deck a worse mirror match and I feel that energy dependent deck will run Carbink)
- 1 Field Blower (two are sufficient in most matches)
- 1 Float Stone (three are sufficient since it is mainly for Garbotoxin and you only need it is some matches)

+ 1 Choice Band (Garbodor and Tauros GX both love them. Try to conserve your items and your hand when Tauros hits for 90 damage from turn one on)
+ 1 Vs Seeker (the fourth Vs Seeker makes the deck a lot more versatile)
+ 1 Rescue Stretcher (nice and versatile Pokémon recovery)
+ 1 Super Rod (nice card that also allows you to recover basic energy for Garbodor)

+ 3 Altar of the Moone (nice with Tapu Lele GX and Oranguru. Once you attached an energy to them they essentially retreat for free and you can focus Field Blower on tools.)

+ 2 Tapu Lele GX (this card makes the deck soo much more consistent and is also a great assistence attacker that can hold its own with a single attachment.)

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Hey!

Thank you both for your help, It's much appreciated. Dark Espeon, I really would like to add in Tapu Lele, but it depends on funds, unfortunately, haha. Altar of the Moone definitely sounds like a good choice.

This is very helpful and i'll take it into consideration. Many thanks!

Well, I made one of these decks. To start I would take out all poke balls because they are pretty much unsusable as they require a coin flip. Also, if you plan on playing expanded format you could put in jirachi EX (I know it says standard) in my opinion 2 field blowers is efficient, you could add in bursting balloons to further punish your opponent if they attack your Tauros GX additionally you could put the bursting balloon on BKP garbodor for a one turn ability lock freeing yourself from the lock next turn so you can continue using orangaru's ability
. Hope this helped.

Last edited:
You could also mix your pokemon having 2 Tauros and 2 Drampa gx, which takes advantage of the damage counter Tauros get while you save Tauros to get an easy knock out with GX attack.
Also, Drampa is easier to retreat since only cost CC and you can do it for free if you attach 1 Psy energy and having Altar of the Moone.
I play a very similar deck with 1 Ability Blocker Garbodor that you might want to try.

Back