• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Garbodor/Sableye Troll for BR

cannonballkuriboh

Aspiring Trainer
OK, so wanting to build a troll deck for Spring BRs coming up, and was reading about people teching Garbodor in Darkrai Hammertime. After much consideration, I decided to drop the middleman and go straight for the disruption element. With that said, here's the list:

10 POKEMON
4 Sableye (DE 62)
3-3 Garbodor (NV 48/DR 54)

42 T/S/S
4 N
4 Juniper
4 Crushing Hammer
2 Enhanced Hammer
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Virbank City Gym
4 Rescue Scarf
2 Big Cape
4 Switch
4 Pokemon Catcher
2 Super Rod
3 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
1 Gold Potion

8 ENERGY
8 Dark Energy

STRATEGY:
Step 1) Resolve Sableye in the Active, Garbador on the bench (achievable by Turn 2)
Step 2) Start hammering away every energy played, using Junk Hunt to grab them back.
Step 3) Watch opponent grow more and more irked at this troll that is sitting across from them.

WIN CONDITIONS:
1) Laser Damage. No, really.
2) Deck-out.
3) If in top cut (by some unholy stretch of the imagination), and I win game 1 (see previous statement), loop N after getting rid of all possible plays the opponent has.

Obviously, not the most competitive deck on the block, but I'm looking for fun, not ROFLstomp. I get enough of playing beatdown-rush in other TCGs. However, I would like some opinions on it, so as to see if I have any obvious flaws in the design, or if there's anything I could be doing to better troll the opponent. That said, CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE APPRECIATED!

You could a single Darkrai for late game, and/or some count of dark clay to make Sableye do 30.

Would dark claw make Junk hunt do 20?

EDIT:
Just checked, and no. Well, it is an idea, but where would I make cuts to fit it 2 copies in?

Back