• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garbodor/Noibat Troll Deck

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
List:

Pokemon - 16

4 Trubbish
3 Garbodor-GRI (Trashalanche)
1 Garbodor-BKP (Garbotoxin)
3 Noibat-FBL
1 Eevee
1 Espeon-GX
3 Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers - 34

4 Professor Sycamore
2 Cynthia
3 N
2 Brigette
3 Guzma
4 Ultra Ball
3 Mysterious Treasure
1 Field Blower
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Super Rod
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Choice Band
4 Float Stone
2 Parallel City

Energy - 10

6 Psychic
4 Double Colorless

In essence, it's a pretty straightforward Garb build that aims to lead with Noibat for the first turn or two - you either force your opponent to burn through their Items prematurely in order to get some use out of them, or you discard all their Items with Noibat's Destructive Sound attack. Even so, with Items that can only be used at specific times in the game (Beast Ring in Ultra Beast decks, Rare Candy in Vikabulu/Gardevoir decks, Puzzle of Time in Zoro decks, etc.), your opponent may sometimes have no choice but let Noibat discard their Items, at which point you can even deny their set-up completely.

From there, the plan is to essentially to wreak havoc with Trashalanche. Espeon-GX is in there because it's tried and true, but it could certainly be changed for a better partner.

Honestly, this deck seems really gimmicky, but from a purely theoretical perspective, it also seems like it could be really strong, especially with all these newer FBL-era decks playing significantly more Items than before. Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks! :)

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 3 Noibat FLI 100
* 1 Noivern FLI 101
* 4 Trubbish GRI 50
* 3 Garbodor GRI 51
* 1 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 38

* 2 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Parallel City BKT 145
* 4 N FCO 105
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Team Rocket's Handiwork FCO 112

##Energy - 10

* 6 Psychic Energy Energy 5
* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

My variation based on your deck. So far Buzzwhole and Ultra Necrozma haven't beaten this deck yet but it's still based a bit on luck so you might find some games where you aren't getting anything.

SM6_EN_100.png
SM3_EN_99.png
SMP_EN_SM79.png
SM6_EN_51.png

I've been getting varied success with a similar concept. I added Noivern-GX to mostly tank hits and suppress items for forced discarding. I also added Shining Celebi to the deck to be able to work with Noivern. You use Noivern to block items until your opponents hand since gets big and then use FBL Noibat's Distruction Sound to discard items. It's truly satisfying to discard Beast Rings :)

Having back to back Noiverns is hard to do so I enlisted the help of Malamar to accelerate psychic energy and professors letter to get the dark energy. A single Malamar on the bench is a must! I run a 2-2 line for consistency. It also powers up Garbodor instantly for a Trashalanche attack. Free retreat with Noivern is certainly amazing working with Garbodor.

I also added shining legends Latios to be an early game back up attacker to try and limit opposing Malamars or hit Buzzwole for 120 (with a choice band), but it's not a staple.

This deck works very well with Parallel City, it hurts pretty much every deck in the format. I run 4 in order to check the bench size low, exhaust the field blowers, and stop Lele-Guzma plays.

It's very hard for me to decide between using Bodybulding dumbells or Choice bands. I keep going back and forth but I feel choice band helps keep the pressure on and you still get 2 shot even with the dumbells.

Mysterious treasure is definitely another staple in this deck, although I may have to add Brigette back in to get more Noibats out.

Here's my current list:

##Pokémon - 18

* 3 Noibat FLI 100
* 3 Noivern-GX BUS 99
* 1 Shining Celebi PR-SM SM79
* 2 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Latios SLG 41
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Lillie SUM 147
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Parallel City BKT 145
* 2 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94

##Energy - 10

* 6 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8
* 4 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

Anyone else want to work on this deck still? It's definitely a work in progress. It's a great meta counter at the moment. Even Yellow Swellow agrees :D

*Edit: I forgot to add that Distort + Parallel city is a strong combo because they can't use field blowers.

Last edited:
Back